Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Choose you own adventure

I started a new book yesterday and it is the first I have read that has included footnotes. This is something I was always curious about considering one of my favourite authors (Terry Pratchett) always includes them.

In the book, next to the given word was a number and this then linked to a section at the end of the book. I was suitably impressed.

This then set me off thinking...

Back in the day I used to read hundreds of the 'choose your own adventure' books. I think I had every book written by Ian Livingstone at the time. There was a point where I even tried to convert one of the books to a Spectrum 'basic' program including random dice rolls...

So, I as wondering whether or not there are any similar e-books available. I wouldn't have thought it too difficult to create. It would be quite interesting to read one of those books again.

I did come across a website 'project' which has a similar theme (I was reading an author website and it linked me to it). This is completely online and I was thinking about how I could possibly create an offline version for my reader.

http://217babel.com/introduction.php
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Acidzebra mentioned something like that, he has even uploaded the first chapter of "Wandering in Alice land" :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26955
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 11:14 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
it works really well, too. i wonder if he's ever going to make any more chapters...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
I've just had a look and it does work really well. Would be great if there were full books available like this
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote