Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #76
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I need to do some more testing today and getting the new FBReader compiled to run from internal memory. After I'm happy with all those bug fixes, I'll release another public beta.
Is this version of the new FBreader one with the menu restored, or is it the one without the menu? I really miss the menu.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #77
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Quote:
It could be as simple as a one line config file with the amount of items per page in it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...62&postcount=1
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #78
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Is this version of the new FBreader one with the menu restored, or is it the one without the menu? I really miss the menu.
It's the one without the menu currently.

For the final (non beta) release, I plan on porting the latest version of FBReader with the menu included.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #79
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Excellent work! I'll get that included in the next beta.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #80
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
It's the one without the menu currently.

For the final (non beta) release, I plan on porting the latest version of FBReader with the menu included.
Ok, I'll wait for that.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #81
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Get Beta 3 Here: http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...iLIadOS/beta3/
Same Instructions, run backup.sh to backup proprietary applications, then do a reflash.

Changes:
  • original DisplayManager replaces xepdmanager. This fixes the random refresh issues. xepdmanager doesn't seem to be quite as a full time replacement.
  • Updated NewLister that reads config from /mnt/settings. Defaults to 12 items. Change items scripts now work and will automatically reboot iliad.
  • FBReader now opens html documents correctly.

This should fix all of the bugs noted so far. This is just about ready for mainstream users.

If no other bugs can be found, the next version will have the latest FBReader, and ssh/networking disabled on boot (to save battery). That should be a release candidate.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #82
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Get Beta 3
[...]
original DisplayManager replaces xepdmanager. This fixes the random refresh issues. xepdmanager doesn't seem to be quite as a full time replacement.
Certainly not yet. It's better to ship with displayMgr for now.

It's a pity I don't have time right now to fix the outstanding bugs. Hope that I can manage to get some time before the second iteration of the community firmware ;-). Anyway, as soon I have time I will install beta2 to fix them.

It's great to see that things are moving in this front. Thanks Adam et al.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:54 AM   #83
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
...If no other bugs can be found, the next version will have the latest FBReader, and ssh/networking disabled on boot (to save battery). That should be a release candidate.

Thanks! Can't wait to try the new FBReader.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:24 AM   #84
yunti
Enthusiast
yunti began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Get Beta 3 Here: http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad...iLIadOS/beta3/
Same Instructions, run backup.sh to backup proprietary applications, then do a reflash.

Changes:
  • original DisplayManager replaces xepdmanager. This fixes the random refresh issues. xepdmanager doesn't seem to be quite as a full time replacement.
  • Updated NewLister that reads config from /mnt/settings. Defaults to 12 items. Change items scripts now work and will automatically reboot iliad.
  • FBReader now opens html documents correctly.

This should fix all of the bugs noted so far. This is just about ready for mainstream users.

If no other bugs can be found, the next version will have the latest FBReader, and ssh/networking disabled on boot (to save battery). That should be a release candidate.
Just wanted to add some words of support and thanks for this. This is fantastic progress!
yunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #85
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

It looks like any development/testing is on hold until I can get my iLiad fixed, or get the dev package on any of the donated units from iRex.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #86
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Oh, man, that's crummy. Is it possible that this is unrelated? Any chance your battery is dead or something? It's unclear to me how copying something to /mnt/protected could cause the iLiad to fail to boot. Unless perhaps something very fundamental in the filesystem got messed up by accident? The iLiad seems to be designed to protect all of the really crucial stuff, so that seems kind of unlikely...

This is a very stupid, obvious, question, perhaps, but did you try reflashing to an iRex image from a CF card? Or, wait, I think you said in a post that pressing the IDS button doesn't seem to register. So that wouldn't work.

Hm.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #87
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Yeah, I don't quite understand how it could have been anything that I did. Copying something to /mnt/protected shouldn't cause this problem. I noticed that my scp had stalled for a few seconds while I was copying, but didn't think anything of it.

I've tried the original irex images with the format option, and it does nothing. It's almost as if the boot loader doesn't even load.

And the battery should be fine. It's constantly plugged in at my desk, and the green light is solid.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #88
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I would hope that with everything you've done working on improving the iLiad, iRex would take care of any repair or factory reflash. IMO, if anybody deserves a waiver on the warranty period, it would be you.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #89
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Right now, I'm more concerned with the "how" and "why". It may have just been a fluke, but I want to confirm that.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #90
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Quote:
It looks like any development/testing is on hold until I can get my iLiad fixed, or get the dev package on any of the donated units from iRex.

That's bad luck I sure hope that the Irex people can help...
good luck!!!
Hansel.
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote