Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Otter
Connoisseur
Otter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, ipod Touch, ipad 2, NC, Kindle Scribe
Personal Docs not Delivering?

I was wondering if this is happening to anyone else? All week I've been able to email books to my PW by using my @kindle.com address. Today, nothing I send is going through to my PW....going to the library on Manage Your Kindle page doesn't show them pending either. Server overload maybe? Sorry for all the recent questions, but the kindle-world is turning out to be much different than the sony one

Thanks again~
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I was wondering if this is happening to anyone else? All week I've been able to email books to my PW by using my @kindle.com address. Today, nothing I send is going through to my PW....going to the library on Manage Your Kindle page doesn't show them pending either. Server overload maybe? Sorry for all the recent questions, but the kindle-world is turning out to be much different than the sony one

Thanks again~
Probably server issues. Normally the Kindle world is much better organized and efficient than it has been during the past week. I think this huge release has taxed Amazon's resources. It should get better soon.
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Otter
Connoisseur

Hrm. Is it working for you today? 3 hours and still no sign of any of the books I've sent, starting to worry. I can request new books/samples from amazon's site and they come right away, but I'm still not even seeing my docs in the digital library list.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
It's working for me - speedy, zippy, with the PW, KT, and iPad Kindle app.
Are you sure you are sending them to the right address?
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Working fine for me. Use Send to Kindle. It could be your email server acting up and this will bypass that.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
Otter
Connoisseur

Thanks Blossom, but that Send to Kindle thing just takes me to a page that says "attach your doc to an email" which is what I am already doing...so I must be missing something here, lol. But, your idea about my email server acting up reminded me of a time when mail I had sent out didn't show up for 12 hours to anyone off of our network. So I just added my yahoo email as an allowable source for personal doc delivery and tried sending to amazon that way, and bingo...straight through in a matter of minutes. Thanks for the idea!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Thanks Blossom, but that Send to Kindle thing just takes me to a page that says "attach your doc to an email" which is what I am already doing...so I must be missing something here, lol. But, your idea about my email server acting up reminded me of a time when mail I had sent out didn't show up for 12 hours to anyone off of our network. So I just added my yahoo email as an allowable source for personal doc delivery and tried sending to amazon that way, and bingo...straight through in a matter of minutes. Thanks for the idea!
It's a program you click on the link for PC or Mac then download and install it. Then when in explorer just right click on file and choose send to Kindle it will then upload it to the server.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote