Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Need help putting series books in order, plz

Having built up quite a library with Calibre/Kindle I find I have numerous books by the same authors. Some of these may be part of a series and so I want to read them in order. Is there an easy way to place the titles in order, eg drag and drop, or do I have to edit titles, eg title-1, title-2 etc, to know which to read first?

(I HAVE POSTED THIS IN CALIBRE ALSO)
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
If you're using Calibre you might want to check out the post on PlugBoards. What this particular one does is combines the information of your book into Series/Title/Author and then sends that to your Kindle as the books Title.

So using this for instance, my books show up on my Kindle Homepage looking like this

Earth's Children 01 - Clan of the Cave Bear Jean Auel

read this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118563
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
hamiltonian
hamiltonian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I didn't have too many of these to deal with, but I generally already had everything in a collection, so I just created PDF list of all the relevant details and added it to the same collection.
hamiltonian is offline   Reply With Quote