Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Dethrocutionxx
Dethrocutionxx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Making notes on blanks possible?

Hello everybody, I just recently purchased my PRS-650. I've never owned a reader before but so far, I can say that I'm enjoying it. However, I'd like to use it at school to take notes if possible. What my teacher does is leaves blanks in the notes and we fill them in as we go through them. I'd like to make notes on those blanks so I can take notes effortlessly. Unfortunately, I've noticed that the reader does not sense blank spaces. Would there be any way to do this?
Dethrocutionxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Dethrocutionxx
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
Dethrocutionxx

Thanks for the welcoming desertgrandma . I would like to know if note taking on blanks can be achieved through some modification on the reader, seeing as there isn't any way to take notes on blanks otherwise.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
bmatt
Enthusiast
bmatt began at the beginning.

I believe more information may be needed before we can answer your question. I'm assuming you mean that you are given a set of notes and then as you read you are to fill in missing information. You can create a new "drawing" and note that way, I suppose. Other than that, mostly the noting is limited to highlighted passages in text, so it may not be as easy as you'd like it to be. You can view you recent notes through a consolidated page and export some, i believe.
bmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
Dethrocutionxx

Thanks. I didn't know I could draw on any part of the page using the stylus. But I would also like to know if this can be done with the keyboard instead, so that I may be able to type in the blanks. But if not, that is still fine.
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm guessing he wants to take notes on the "notes" like you would do on the margins of a book.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote