Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Unbelievable! (not allowed to show the flag)

a veteran must remove the flag from his window. here. in the states. just incredible!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
That's what happens when you elect a non citizen President.
I fly my flag where ever and whenever I choose.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
That's what happens when you elect a non citizen President.
I fly my flag where ever and whenever I choose.
What? Your president is not a citizen of the U.S.?
Old 05-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
What? Your president is not a citizen of the U.S.?
no, he is. there is just a silly movement afoot claiming he isn't. I'm not a fan of the man, but I am a fan of setting things straight
Old 05-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
no, he is. there is just a silly movement afoot claiming he isn't. I'm not a fan of the man, but I am a fan of setting things straight
I just read a book called "Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America". I really have no axe to grind with regard to American politics but some of the nonsense being spouted about Obama just seems unbelievable if you believe what people are doing. A lot of it seems to be very thinly disguised racism.

With regard to the flag thing, I think people should absolutely be able to display their national flag - why the hell not? Unfortunately, and disgracefully, in the UK the Union Jack has been hijacked by the far right (racist parties) and displaying it lends people to believe that you are one of them.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I just read a book called "Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America". I really have no axe to grind with regard to American politics but some of the nonsense being spouted about Obama just seems unbelievable if you believe what people are doing. A lot of it seems to be very thinly disguised racism.

With regard to the flag thing, I think people should absolutely be able to display their national flag - why the hell not? Unfortunately, and disgracefully, in the UK the Union Jack has been hijacked by the far right (racist parties) and displaying it lends people to believe that you are one of them.
that is very sad about the union jack

during the presidential campaign I can't recall how many semi hysterical people I talked to that were convinced Obama was a muslim. once again... don't like the man... but I would tell them that was not the case. I hated sticking up for him. but did. the truth counts
Old 05-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #7
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It is indeed, thankyou.

Quote:
during the presidential campaign I can't recall how many semi hysterical people I talked to that were convinced Obama was a muslim. once again... don't like the man... but I would tell them that was not the case. I hated sticking up for him. but did. the truth counts
Great to see such a healthy attitude. The truth is more important than any difference of opinion.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Great to see such a healthy attitude. The truth is more important than any difference of opinion.
I end up in trouble for it more often than not, but so be it
Old 05-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #9
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
I end up in trouble for it more often than not, but so be it
Well, I know from some of your posts that you and I wouldn't see eye to eye about everything, but I do appreciate your honesty and honest desire to do the right thing
Old 05-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Well, I know from some of your posts that you and I wouldn't see eye to eye about everything, but I do appreciate your honesty and honest desire to do the right thing
thanks
Old 05-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #11
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:

I think you're saying that reality counts, and it does. This is simple loyalty. When any political system wanders too far afield from reality very bad things start to happen.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #12
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I think you're saying that reality counts, and it does. This is simple loyalty. When any political system wanders too far afield from reality very bad things start to happen.
reality and truth. occasionally seen hand in hand
Old 05-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #13
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Sounds like capitalism to me... don't alienate your customers and all.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #14
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Do I get this correct - *everyone* should get down their US-Flags in the US? Or is the poor veteran one of few?
[5 minutes later] OK, I read the article again and I see it was an isolated case. But still, I can't believe this is happening. I could understand, that having a US flag hanging on your window in Baghdad is probably not the best way to proclaim your citizenship/sympathies, but to have to remove the US flag in the middle of the US... I'm kind of scared.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
a veteran must remove the flag from his window. here. in the states. just incredible!
Its PC gone wild and nuts.

Lets not offend anyone, lets not stand for anything.

Which means we stand for nothing.

I was so proud of the teacher I volunteered for this year. She insisted the 1st graders sing the national anthem and say the pledge......correctly and with respect.

She went even further....she made sure they knew what they were saying and why.

Its a small thing for a student to do to honor those who have made sure they have the freedom to do so.

Yes, we had one student who was muslim and whose parents,both US citizens, instructed her not to say the pledge, but she could sing the anthem. Go figure. This student, however, understood she would stand quietly and respectfully during the pledge.......
Closed Thread

Tags
blah blah blah