Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Fictionwise 50% Off Coupon [SALE ENDED]

Wow. My flabber is well and truly gasted.

"Enjoy 50% OFF ALL your eBooks this weekend with a 50% OFF coupon. Hurry, this offer good for the weekend only!

Coupon Code: F50BN0C914

Shop Now at http://www.fictionwise.com/!"

I might have to check out that wishlist of mine again...

OMG. they have Long Knife by James Alexander Thom. That is supposed to be a great historical novel...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-03-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Thanks! This is a new source for me and the coupon worked for my first purchase.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Wow. I am shocked too. But then....they didn't have anything on my Kobo wishlist and when I finally did find a handful of ebooks which I was maybe interested in, two of them were geographically restricted Sale or no sale, it reminds me why I gave up on this store.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
Thanks. The coupon I got was only 30% off this weekend.
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Wow! Thanks! I was able to clear out the rest of my micropay balance (42¢) and pick up some other bargains at 50% off. Yippee! Thanks!!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 12:56 AM   #6
BinaryTB
Connoisseur
BinaryTB is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks! I now have $4 and some change left in credit... should've bought something else too, next time I guess.
BinaryTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:30 AM   #7
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Thanks for the code. Bough 3 books for $3.22!
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
I picked up The Death of Artemio Cruz by Carlos Fuentes, but I'm hoping to get another 4 or 5. Any recommendations?
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #9
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
I got four books. Well three books and a magazine. Nothing I'd had my eye on in particular (the only thing I'm still toying with buying is only on Amazon and I've been debating whether to buy it and take my chances stripping the DRM so I can read it on my reader), but a few things that sounded interesting. . .plus I got Asimov magazine for only $2. Now if only they had such a coupon once a month I'd be buying the magazine (only available from them and Amazon, which will not let me get it without an actual Kindle) pretty much every month. . .

Eric
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #10
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Asimov's is $2.99 on B&N.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #11
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Nice. I can finally buy up the Honor Harrington series in ebook form.

Wow, this is epic. I just bought 10 books valued at around $65 for $30. Just epic. Biggest single personal reading purchase I've made in the last 3 years.

The books were:

Honor Harrington Series - Books 3 through 10
Human By Choice
Flight of the Sparrows

Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 08-28-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Thanks! This is a new source for me and the coupon worked for my first purchase.
This is a new source for me too. But I am unsure about if I can even use these "multiformat" books on my Nook.

It seems I have to download a reader and only read books on my pc? Or am I misunderstanding?

Please explain to this noob.

Thanks for reading.
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post
This is a new source for me too. But I am unsure about if I can even use these "multiformat" books on my Nook.

It seems I have to download a reader and only read books on my pc? Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks for reading.
"Multiformat" at Fictionwise means exactly that: when you purchase a multiformat title, you can down load it in the format of your choice (or all formats if you want). Fictionwise offers epub, ereader PDB, Microsoft .lit, PDF, Mobipocket and more. I think your Nook can handle the epub.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post

Thanks for reading.
As Moe said, you'd want to download your Multiformat purchases in ePub and then you can sideload them to the Nook.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #15
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
"Multiformat" at Fictionwise means exactly that: when you purchase a multiformat title, you can down load it in the format of your choice (or all formats if you want). Fictionwise offers epub, ereader PDB, Microsoft .lit, PDF, Mobipocket and more. I think your Nook can handle the epub.
Ok thank you. So far I see no option to make my specific selection (epub). I was concered because items in my shopping cart are just identified as "multiformat."

So to clarify, you are telling me that once I pay and download, I will be able to select the format I want?
------------------
update:

Took the plunge and yes I was allowed to select the epub format when downloading books from shelf. I now have 13 new books to add to my nook that just cost me $27 and some change and I am no longer a Fictionwise virgin.

What a bargain.

Thanks again for your patience and quick responses.

I am loving my Nook more and more each day.

Last edited by SonDan1; 08-28-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: update
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote