cybergeezer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 and K3 3G + WiFi, Kindle Paperwhite WiFi, iPod Touch 3, 4 & 5
Fortune Article Re Kindle etc.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/02/06/tech...ce=yahoo_quote
cybergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I love how they make it sound that the Kindle came up with eink and there weren't any devices with it before.

People reading who don't know about the technology will think the Kindle is the only one who has this technology. Very frustrating.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I love how they make it sound that the Kindle came up with eink and there weren't any devices with it before.

People reading who don't know about the technology will think the Kindle is the only one who has this technology. Very frustrating.
I tend to agree with the above post, but to my mind any reasonably positive, even neutral, even slightly negative mention of ebooks, ebook devices in any mainstream media is a plus. I do not have a Kindle and I do not see myself getting gone soon since I love my 700, but without the competition and excitement generated by it, I doubt we would have all this movement on the ebook front that started making front pages everywhere, including the iPhone stuff, the Sony stuff...
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's also "nice" how they don't mention cellphones at all, when Amazon just made news today by declaring it will be seeing about making Kindle books available for them.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
I tend to agree with the above post, but to my mind any reasonably positive, even neutral, even slightly negative mention of ebooks, ebook devices in any mainstream media is a plus. I do not have a Kindle and I do not see myself getting gone soon since I love my 700, but without the competition and excitement generated by it, I doubt we would have all this movement on the ebook front that started making front pages everywhere, including the iPhone stuff, the Sony stuff...
I agree, I just like my consumers to be educated.
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Hmmm. Apparently ebook readers won't be a success until Joe Sixpack wants one. I guess Amazon better add a bottle opener to the side and give them away with a pack of beer.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Hmmm. Apparently ebook readers won't be a success until Joe Sixpack wants one.
Of course not. Look at the resounding commercial failure of laptops.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Of course not. Look at the resounding commercial failure of laptops.
I do think Joe Sixpack probably wants a laptop a lot more than he wants an ebook reader. According to the studies I've seen posted here, Joe Sixpack and Jane Winebox don't read books all that often. Until there are good multi-function devices that also make excellent readers, this will be a niche market.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #9
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I do think Joe Sixpack probably wants a laptop a lot more than he wants an ebook reader. According to the studies I've seen posted here, Joe Sixpack and Jane Winebox don't read books all that often. Until there are good multi-function devices that also make excellent readers, this will be a niche market.
Joe Sixpack has zero interest in laptops.
They don't have WiFi at Hooters.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Joe Sixpack has zero interest in laptops.
They don't have WiFi at Hooters.
But they do have good wings, or so I'm told.