Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-17-2016, 08:02 AM   #1
thissenw
thissenw began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Backup Nook Books

Hi All,
Since B&N eliminated the download on their site, how do I access books on my Nook Tablet (Model BNTV250) and back them up to my Win7 PC? Thanks.
thissenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:07 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
If you had Windows 8.1/10, you could use the Nook App from the Microsoft App store, but with Windows 7, you can try to use the unsupported Windows Nook app or download the Nook Study app from one of the sites that has an archive. I find that I have to log out of the Nook app, log back in, and refresh a bunch of times to get the Windows Nook app to notice new ebooks.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #3
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
You can also root your Nook Tablet which would give you access to the ebooks you purchased.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #4
cgsmom
Addict
cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cgsmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GL4+, Nook GL4e, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4, iPhone 14
Can I make my Nook Tablet useful again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
You can also root your Nook Tablet which would give you access to the ebooks you purchased.
I have been thinking about trying that with my Nook Tablet. I like the size of it and it isn't useful for much else anymore. Plus, I would love the have the Kindle app on it.

However, I am not a serious techie so rooting has always scared me. Could you suggest where to find the simplest procedure for rooting the Nook Tablet?

Thanks.
cgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:27 AM   #5
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
http://gizmodo.com/5880430/the-dead-...ur-nook-tablet

note I haven't tried this, or any method, since I don't have a Nook Tablet. I don't recall what firmware version was the most recent when BN stopped sending out updates to the Tablet.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert