Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #1
Louisk
Louisk began at the beginning.

Fonts--Can I Change On The Fly?

I've searched postings and cant seem to find answer.

Is there no ability to change fonts on a PDF document being viewed on the Iliad?

Do I have to take care of that before loading onto the Iliad?

Thanks.
Louisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisk View Post
I've searched postings and cant seem to find answer.

Is there no ability to change fonts on a PDF document being viewed on the Iliad?

Do I have to take care of that before loading onto the Iliad?

Thanks.
It's not possible to change the font for a PDF on the fly (not related to the iLiad). You need to generate the PDF with the right embedded font.

On Feedbooks, you can select your preferred font in your custom settings and then use the "Custom PDF" download link.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
Louisk
Louisk began at the beginning.

Thanks for the reply. As I suspected. A Bit of a shock as you'd think that would be one of the more rudimentary features of an electronic ebook reader.
Louisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. As I suspected. A Bit of a shock as you'd think that would be one of the more rudimentary features of an electronic ebook reader.
It has nothing to do with the reader, it's due to the format itself.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:22 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
But PDF is not an "eBook" format - it's a page description format, and the font is a part of the document.

Think about a Word document. If you open someone else's Word doc, you get the fonts which they selected when they wrote the document. PDF is exactly the same.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But in Word, if I decide I'd rather use a font of my choice, I can. But in a PDF file, I'm stuck with the designer's choices.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:03 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Well, that's the whole (original) point of PDF, isn't it - it's a "non editable" document. You'd just send them the original Word (or whatever) file if you wanted the recipient to be able to edit it .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote