Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-31-2013, 01:38 AM   #16
Spoudason
Spoudason began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Regarding the non-existent Ziploc bags, you can order one to put your Kindle Paperwhite in when you go to the beach. [link deleted by moderator - shortened URLs are not permitted.]

Enjoy!

Last edited by HarryT; 05-31-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Spoudason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
I brought everybody in the house a beach bag for their smart phones, and tablets/kindles. I think that is all you need in our house. The beach we like has huge lawn tree area and we set up camp there for the day rather than the beach itself.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #18
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I assumed that the price was the cost of the Kindle and the waterproofing. Is that not the case?
my mistake. i see on the website now that they are selling the paperwhites pre-treated. i thought at first that owners were sending them in for treatment.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #19
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
review+video
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #20
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I would have loved to see inside, though. I guess they will just fill it up with addition silicone and be done with it (nice stuff!). I'd be interested in how they deal with the micro USB port. My guess would be they just plug it.

The Kindle's temperature is nowhere near critical. Those SoCs used within are not very problematic in that regard.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert