Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
okalyddude
Enthusiast
okalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enough

Device: E600
Calibre not syncing book tags?

Hi, when I added books to my calibre library, I went through and organized them by tags. I generally find the books I want to read through the 'collections' category.

However, when I add the books to my device, the tags on the books don't follow through, and I have to go through and manually add them again.

The odd thing is, all the collections are created on the 600, but with no books in them...

Anyone find a solution, other than adding the tags in the calibre database, copying them over, and then adding all the tags again?

The names, authors, etc seem to all be fine.

I guess this could be in the calibre forum, I'll see if I get help and consider moving it if not.

Also, when you click to add to your device, does it auto-convert only the files that can't be read on your device to the default device format? I take it there's an option to tell it which formats to convert to what format, etc?

edit:
arg and I just noticed that there is no batch editing for the files on you device. Why? Now I would have to double click on every single 'tags' line and add the tag I want. That is so tedious. Anyone know how to either batch edit tags on the device, or carry the tags over from calibre library to the device?

If using the default sony software in any way will help, let me know. i have not even installed it, simply using calibre (which I love, but is making me angry at the moment)

Last edited by okalyddude; 11-18-2009 at 02:25 AM.
okalyddude is offline   Reply With Quote