Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Nine taylors, Sayers?

Anybody know the status of this title? Still under copyright? Also, which forum is the correct one for asking these types of questions? Thanks.

Last edited by lmarie; 12-03-2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Sorry for typo in thread title -- was tired when posting
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
all of Sayers' work fell into the public domain in life+50 countries on 1 january 2008, since she died in 1957.

if you're planning to scan the Nine Tailors and make it available i'm sure a lot of people would be very happy to see it.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarie View Post
Anybody know the status of this title? Still under copyright? Also, which forum is the correct one for asking these types of questions? Thanks.
Dorothy L. Sayers died in 1957. Her books will be in copyright in "life + 70" countries, such as the USA, until 1st Jan 2028.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #4
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Dorothy L. Sayers died in 1957. Her books will be in copyright in "life + 70" countries, such as the USA, until 1st Jan 2028.
On an obscure point of law, what happens if my son (who lives in Canada, a life +50 country) downloads an ebook, and emails it to me in the UK (a life +70 country) as a Christmas present? Is that legal? Because obviously, if he sent me a paper copy of the book, all nicely gift-wrapped, that would be fine.

Personally, I'd like an e-copy of Nine Tailors - a friend of mine lent me a paper copy the last time my iLiad was at the menders, and loved it. I'd also like an e-copy of Josephine Tey's Daughter of Time, also out of copyright in Life +50 countries.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:21 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
On an obscure point of law, what happens if my son (who lives in Canada, a life +50 country) downloads an ebook, and emails it to me in the UK (a life +70 country) as a Christmas present? Is that legal? Because obviously, if he sent me a paper copy of the book, all nicely gift-wrapped, that would be fine.
It's legal for him to send it, but it's not legal for you to read it, because it's still in copyright where you live. Whether this actually matters to you is, of course, for you to decide.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 07:00 AM   #6
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's legal for him to send it, but it's not legal for you to read it, because it's still in copyright where you live. Whether this actually matters to you is, of course, for you to decide.
The law is a strange and wonderful thing!
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote