Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-21-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Portable Virtual Privacy Machine

The MetroPipe Portable Virtual Privacy machine contains a complete portable virtual Linux machine with privacy-enabled Open Source Internet applications. No installation needed - just plug the drive into any Windows or Linux computer, and click on the Virtual Privacy Machine icon and you're ready to go.

Carry your Internet applications, email, bookmarks, history, web cookies, download files in your pocket. Carry your entire Internet communication system on a tiny USB drive. Runs on any rewriteable media (USB drives, Flash Memory cards, Secure Digital devices, iPods, etc.)

Download the Pre-release 1 from here. I had trouble with their direct download link, perhaps you should better try the Bittorrent link.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:01 AM   #2
rclodfelter
rclodfelter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie NX70V
Missing bat file

I downloaded the pre release of the Portable Virtual Privacy Machine and it did not contain the boot-win.bat file mentioned in the installation document. Does anybody have the code to share?
rclodfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2004, 03:15 AM   #3
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I think they meant you to click on "qemu-win.bat".
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #4
rclodfelter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
I think they meant you to click on "qemu-win.bat".
I'll give it a try. The documentation is wrong then.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:03 PM   #5
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclodfelter
I'll give it a try. The documentation is wrong then.
I assume you've already sent this bug to them, with the proper documentation fixes, so they can correct it in the next release, yes?
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2004, 07:34 PM   #6
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yup they should know about the bug in the docu, as it was mentioned on Slashdot earlier.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:59 AM   #7
rclodfelter

Works but slow!

I was able to get this working but even on a laptop with 1.6 MHZ P4 mobile processor and 1 GIG of ram it was too slow to be usable. I noticed that requests for app to start were peging my CPU. I know this is a work in progress and keep my eye on the development. It seems like a great idea to me.