Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
Reini68
Reini68 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Hi from Austria

Well, now that there is the invitation to make the first post to this Forum, I happily follow it.

Hi from Austria to the e-book-world. I've been in reading e-books for a long time especially on PDA and Notebook. But now, as a birthday present I received last sunday an iLiad - and that's a new reading experience.

Glad I found this forum as it seems there are a lot of helping hands. Nice to meet you.
Reini68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum. Are ebooks popular in Austria?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
D'ere

There are no dedicated eBook readers available in Austria. There are no eInk devices and the only other person I know that reads eBooks on a PDA is my wife

@Reini ... bin aus 1180 Wien ... wo genau bist Du stationiert?
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
Reini68
Reini68 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
@Reini ... bin aus 1180 Wien ... wo genau bist Du stationiert?
Hallo mores,

ebenfalls D'Ehre!

I stick to English as I think this is more respectful to the community

I was born in Vienna and lived there for 35 years. In 2002 we moved to Kottingbrunn, which is in the district of Baden. But I'm still working in Vienna. I think it would be a good idea to meet in Vienna and talk about our expiriences. Drop me a mail if you are interested.

@cassydim: I wouldn't exactly say they are popular - to be exact I know very few people who agree that this is the future of reading. And I have to agree that there are no dedicated devices available in Austria, but it's possible to get the e-ink-readers that are available in the EU (i.e. iLiad and cybook).
Reini68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Thanks. I expect they will get more popular as time goes by.

Have spent time in Austria. Worked for Daimler Benz AG as a practicant back in the 70's in Sindlefingen. Amazing how fast you learn German when you have to stick your hands into a Pressework. Anyway, I got down to Wein and other places. And, there is a German community on the Forum and a dedicated thread or two.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert