Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #121
allypink
allypink began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Good evening folks
Recieved my Glo two days ago from Collins Books. I've had it on order since October.
Looooovit.
Using Linux via wine to run Kobo Desktop. Also have ADE running through wine and Calibre with all my books stored on bookshelves........ over 1000 I have been collecting for some time. Some I have purchased but most come from the 'free' out of copywrite sites.
Used to read ebooks on my smartphone until the Glo. Chalk and cheese.
If anyone has any question about using your Kobo in linux post me.
Happy reading
Al
allypink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #122
Muliplication
Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.

Got mine about a week ago from Officeworks, Brisbane CBD. $159, any colour you want as long as it's black. I hadn't found this forum at that stage, and it looked like stock was pretty thin on the ground, so I grabbed it.

I also got the sleep cover; marked as about $23.99 but actually was supposed to be about $45.99. They gave it to me at the $23.99 price. I don't know if they've fixed the display yet; if not, you might be able to get a little discount on the cover.

Very first impressions are good, though I see what people mean when they say that handling of PDFs is poor. I'm starting on a free ebook, "Dracula". The text appears to be scanned, and doesn't seem to be as crisp as real text. Page turning is ridiculous, and I have to centre the page after every laborious turn. I wonder if Calibre can convert it to real epub format, using OCR. I'm a total noob at this; I'm sure you can tell.
Muliplication is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #123
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Hi ya Multiplication, glad to see you here on Mobile Read

Try this version of Dracula - it's from the MR library and therefore will have been wonderfully formatted:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=dracula

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 12-25-2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Deleted first Dracula link and inserted 2nd Dracula link
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #124
Muliplication
Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.Muliplication for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Try this version of Dracula
Oh, wow, thanks! That's a heap better to read.

Quote:
- it's from the MR library ...
Neat! I didn't even realise you guys did actual ebooks.
Muliplication is offline   Reply With Quote