Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Gizmodo: New Nook Next Week

http://gizmodo.com/5854812/yep++the-...ning-next-week

Quote:
The internet fairy just dropped this in our inboxes—an invitation from Barnes & Noble to check out a "very special announcement."
CNET's invite:
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
Cool. I will be watching this!
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I hope it's a larger eink device. There's nothing out there for those who prefer something bigger than 6 inches and want direct access to an online store. I'm babying the heck out of my Sony 950.

Last edited by SCION; 10-31-2011 at 01:27 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
SCION, how are you liking that Sony tablet?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
SCION, how are you liking that Sony tablet?
I'm using it more than my eInk device for reading books. The form factor, portability, and natural color saturation of the screen make it a joy to use anytime. It's nice to be able to read in bed while holding it in one hand above or directly in front of my face. I find that the only time I reach for my 950 is when I'm in direct sunlight. Whenever I leave the house it's with me, along with my 950. I bought it primarily for reading and it has surpassed my expectations. I use it for audio and video content as well and the performance is excellent with the capable hardware similar to others on the market.

Last edited by SCION; 10-31-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow! I'm going to give it a look. I value your judgment on these things. Thanks for the information. I'm loving my T1... I'm going to see which I use most. I just wish there was a Sony store nearby. I'm going to have to go on a road-trip this weekend!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Wow! I'm going to give it a look. I value your judgment on these things. Thanks for the information. I'm loving my T1... I'm going to see which I use most. I just wish there was a Sony store nearby. I'm going to have to go on a road-trip this weekend!
You may luck out and find one at a somewhat local Best Buy. Very few actually have a demo. Just call around.

It is plastic. So, if that's an instant turn off for you, you may want to pass on the visit. I didn't care because I wanted something I would take with me everyplace, not just use it in the house because of bulk/weight/size. Oh, and it doesn't have Gorilla Glass if that buzz word is a must have. It has mineral glass.

Last edited by SCION; 10-31-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
jersysman
Wizard

Plastic is fine with me. My T1 is plastic, so that is really no factor.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I didn't think they were going to come out with anything else this year. I'm curious to see if it's anything truly new.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #10
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I hope it's a larger eink device. There's nothing out there for those who prefer something bigger than 6 inches and want direct access to an online store. I'm babying the heck out of my Sony 950.
The Kindle DX? It's a dead end product, but I love mine.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
The Kindle DX? It's a dead end product, but I love mine.
Not counting that. I thought Amazon would release a DX Touch. Nope.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #12
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
First thing that popped in my head when I saw that image was the uTorrent icon, for some reason.

But, I'm excited to see what B&N comes up with. I'll have to watch.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #13
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Not counting that. I thought Amazon would release a DX Touch. Nope.
Yep, A 9.7" K4 sure would have been nice. It's not going to happen, though... I'm not seeing the DX getting any attention anymore. Amazon has ceded that market (such as it is) to the likes of Pocketbook (the Pro 902 & -903) and Onyx (the Boox M90/M91S/M92).

The Pocketbooks don't have a Pearl screen (they're Vizplex), which is a dealbreaker for me, and from what I've heard, the Onyxes have software issues. Still, the M91S and M92 look promising when my DX bites the dust.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #14
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Maybe just the Nook Color 2??
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #15
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Maybe just the Nook Color 2??
That's what I'm expecting, but maybe B&N will surprise us. But the STR only came out this year so I don't expect a new e-ink reader..
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote