Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Last Modified column?

Is it possible to add a Last Modified column? Meaning, when the epub was last edited and saved in calibre?

I can see a column for Date but that's probably the date the book was added to the library.

There is another column: Modified but I don't know where its value comes from. A lot of books in my library have a Modified date of 01-jan-2000

There are some books which I added when I started using Calibre last year and some of them were not properly formatted - I didn't know much then, and I would like to identify, check and probably fix those first books.

Many thanks
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There is no way to display in the library view the date that a format (epub, mobi, etc) was modified. There might be a plugin that gets the data, but if so I haven't run across it.

The modified column shows the date that the metadata was last changed. When the column was added (fairly recently), the date was set to 1/Jan/2000 for all the books in the library. Any book changed since then will have a newer date.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
Is it possible to add a Last Modified column? Meaning, when the epub was last edited and saved in calibre?

I can see a column for Date but that's probably the date the book was added to the library.

There is another column: Modified but I don't know where its value comes from. A lot of books in my library have a Modified date of 01-jan-2000

There are some books which I added when I started using Calibre last year and some of them were not properly formatted - I didn't know much then, and I would like to identify, check and probably fix those first books.

Many thanks
In the Metadata editor window. Hover over the format to see the date

I maintain a custom date columns: EPUB Last edit,. FC(FlightCrew) OK (Y,N,blank) (No is for those, not a quick fix )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #4
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The modified column shows the date that the metadata was last changed. When the column was added (fairly recently), the date was set to 1/Jan/2000 for all the books in the library. Any book changed since then will have a newer date.
That would certainly help: the date the metadata was last changed. Couldn't understand though the 2000 date. Makes sense now.

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
In the Metadata editor window. Hover over the format to see the date
Thanks!

That's exactly the information I'd like in a column. The date showing when hovering over the format is not the same as the Modified column date. This one is actually the file's last modified date.
Advert
Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
Thanks!

That's exactly the information I'd like in a column. The date showing when hovering over the format is not the same as the Modified column date. This one is actually the file's last modified date.
There is Modified and there is Modified .
The file date separately applies to each and every format.

Even if you edit them via the back door (Calibre does not know about back door operations, which is why messing there is dangerous to its health.). hence the reason for the 'EPUB Edited' date.

The file and date does not change if you just edit Calibre Metadata.

Just passing through a record (Next or Previous) while in the Metadata editor, changes 'Modified' date , even though not one character was modified.
This difference may not matter if you are one who only keeps one format.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
paulfiera
Addict

Thanks, theducks.

Quote:
There is Modified and there is Modified .

The file date separately applies to each and every format.
Of course. That's how it is.

Quote:
Even if you edit them via the back door (Calibre does not know about back door operations, which is why messing there is dangerous to its health.). hence the reason for the 'EPUB Edited' date.
I usually modify/edit only epubs via Sigil or Tweak ePub

Quote:
The file and date does not change if you just edit Calibre Metadata.

Just passing through a record (Next or Previous) while in the Metadata editor, changes 'Modified' date , even though not one character was modified.
This difference may not matter if you are one who only keeps one format.
I can see that. But I'd really love to see an OS last modified timestamp in a column. It'd be a great help identifiying which books you have or have not edited.

I usually keep only epubs - and some PDFs which, for obvious reasons I can't edit with Sigil or Tweak ePub .