Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
File Size Limitation ?

Ok so I'm being stupid, I converted an HTML book (Txt only) in calibre,

it's 12.3 Mb in size, and i try to send it to username@free.kindle.com but it keeps failing to complete the send,

I have a feeling I remember reading there is a 10Mb file size limit, or am I mistaken ? Can't remember where I read it

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Can't see a file size limit anywhere, it just says this:-

Quote:
Personal documents in supported file formats smaller than 5 MB are typically delivered to your "name"@free.kindle.com or "name"@kindle.com e-mail address within five minutes (per document). Personal documents larger than 5 MB may take longer.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I set my limit to $0,00 and sometimes get a notification that the file couldn't be delivered through my kindle-email (too big), and then it gets delivered the next day or so with wifi and through freekindle-mail.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
ChaoZ
Connoisseur
ChaoZ doesn't litterChaoZ doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post

it's 12.3 Mb in size, and i try to send it to username@free.kindle.com but it keeps failing to complete the send,

I have a feeling I remember reading there is a 10Mb file size limit, or am I mistaken ? Can't remember where I read it

Perhaps your email is limited to 10MB on the outbound? Nothing to do with Kindle or Amazon if that's the case.
ChaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
For a file that big, it would be simpler to transfer it via the cable anyway.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
ChaoZ
Connoisseur
ChaoZ doesn't litterChaoZ doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Mini, Kobo Touch
I've successfully sent a 11MB PDF over the free.kindle.com account. Sent from gmail. Takes a little time, but it was delivered in less than 5 minutes.
ChaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoZ View Post
I've successfully sent a 11MB PDF over the free.kindle.com account. Sent from gmail. Takes a little time, but it was delivered in less than 5 minutes.

Thnx it muxt be just my email, at least now I know
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #8
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
That's a monster of a txt file!

/nothing useful to contribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post

ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote