Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

audio skip

i recently took the reader on a 4 hour bus trip and i noticed that occassionally, the audio will skip, has anyone else experienced this?
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That's pretty extraordinary, jakeluck -- it's got no moving parts!

I assume that you've listened to the same file when you were sitting still, and it didn't skip?

I'm also curious as to how much your battery dropped during your 4 hour listening session?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Probably more due to CPU/memory contention than like a hard drive skip. I wonder if it was skipping near when you did some CPU intensive task like opened a new book, menu navigation or turned a page with a lot of graphics.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

i wondered about that too. the data is off the sd card, audio books, so the skip in mid-word were quite noticable,

battery dropped to 2 bars after the first 4 hours, and down to 1 bar after the 5 hours returning trip.

just playing audio, i also noticed that with some single files longer than 1 hour, the player would stop instead of going
to the next track, wish there were ability to bookmark the audio as the current primitive seeking capabilities are not adequate.

Last edited by jakeluck; 03-26-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, if I'm reading you right ... you got 9 hours of playback out of 3 bars worth of battery meter?
Advert
Old 03-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
jakeluck
Groupie

yes, natch
Old 03-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

Well, that's pretty good (for my purposes, anyway). Means I can use it for an audio book on a plane flight, at least.