Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
Elissa Malcohn
Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Campbell Award finalist releasing free e-books

Covenant, the first volume in my Deviations series, was released by Aisling Press as a trade paperback in September 2007. The sequel, Appetite, was to be released last September, right around the time Aisling's parent company was administratively dissolved by the Florida Department of State.

I re-released Covenant in March as a free download from my website and plan to release Appetite later this week.
Genre: science fiction/anthropological fiction/dark fantasy, with mature content.
Formats available: EPUB, HTML, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PDF, PRC
Site: http://home.earthlink.net/~deviations/index.html

I was a John W. Campbell Award finalist in 1985. My story "Moments of Clarity" (Full Spectrum, Bantam, 1988) reached preliminary ballot for a 1989 Nebula. This year, two publications containing my fiction are up for awards: Electric Velocipede for a Hugo Award and the anthology Unspeakable Horror (Dark Scribe Press) for a Bram Stoker Award.

Bibliography and other info may be seen at my main website:
http://home.earthlink.net/~emalcohn/index.html

I found this forum through Jeffrey A. Carver's article, "Psst! Wanna Buy a Free Ebook?" (SFWA Bulletin, Dec. 2008-Jan. 2009). Thank you all for being here! -- Elissa
Elissa Malcohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Placed into the To Read list
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
Many thanks! It looks like an interesting book.
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
Very nice of you. Thanks soooooo much. I am amazed at the super talented authors who frequent and contribute to this site.

Thanks again.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Great to see ePub format in a free download!

*edit* great to see all those formats
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Great to see ePub format in a free download!

*edit* great to see all those formats
hear hear !! go epub !

welcome to the forum Elissa ! we're always thrilled to see authors joining us ! take a look around, don't hesitate to ask any questions.

thank you for the books !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
Elissa Malcohn
Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elissa Malcohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your interest! Carver's site directed me to Calibre, where I found the EPUB conversion. I'm an e-book newbie -- I don't have a reader except for what I've put on my computer.

I've just released Appetite on the site and plan to release Vol. 3, Destiny, this December. Goin' soon with a bunch of CDs and paperbacks to Oasis May 22-24, hosted by the Orlando Area Science Fiction Society.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:56 AM   #8
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa Malcohn View Post
Thanks for your interest! Carver's site directed me to Calibre, where I found the EPUB conversion. I'm an e-book newbie -- I don't have a reader except for what I've put on my computer.

I've just released Appetite on the site and plan to release Vol. 3, Destiny, this December. Goin' soon with a bunch of CDs and paperbacks to Oasis May 22-24, hosted by the Orlando Area Science Fiction Society.
Many thanks for the next book. Welcome to the wonderful world of ebooks!

bathos
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:04 AM   #9
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Elissa Thank you for this. I am sure you will find much support from members of this forum.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
ePub rocks!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
Elissa Malcohn

Thanks! I've given y'all a shout-out over here:
http://hurricanecountry.blogspot.com...s-at-home.html
Old 05-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #12
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa Malcohn View Post

I found this forum through Jeffrey A. Carver's article, "Psst! Wanna Buy a Free Ebook?" (SFWA Bulletin, Dec. 2008-Jan. 2009). Thank you all for being here! -- Elissa
Somebody actually read the article!!

Welcome, Elissa! Good luck with your book.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #13
Elissa Malcohn

Thanks, Jeffrey. You, too!
I loved the article -- it's a wonderful how-to for someone new to e-books.
BTW, I've linked to your site in the blog entry and Deviations page cited above. Hope it gets more traffic over to your place.

As an aside -- In addition to the two award nominations listed up top, I've just learned that Riffing on Strings: Creative Writing Inspired by String Theory (Scriblerus Press), which contains my story "Arachne," has received an IPPY Silver Medal. <Grin>
Old 12-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #14
Elissa Malcohn

I've just released Deviations Vol. 3: Destiny. Same place, same formats:
http://home.earthlink.net/~deviations/index.html

News from here: In addition to IPPY Silver Medalist Riffing on Strings, two other publications with my work have won awards. Unspeakable Horror: From the Shadows of the Closet (Dark Scribe Press) won a Bram Stoker Award. Electric Velocipede won a Hugo Award. My story "Hermit Crabs" in EV #14 is on the recommended reading list in The Year's Best Science Fiction, 26th Annual Edition. (Grin.)

Recent work includes fiction and poetry in the October/November Asimov's. More info is on my main website, http://home.earthlink.net/~emalcohn/index.html.

Thanks again, all! Wishing you a happy and healthy holiday season! -- Elissa
Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #15
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Elissa welcome to MR and thank you so much for the book. It is on my TBR list - and I moved it right to the top.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthropological fiction, dark fantasy, science fiction