Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
ppxnouse
Connoisseur
ppxnouse began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3
Broken glas or controller issue ?

Hi experts.

When I switched on my Cybook today, it gave me some vertical and horizontal lines.

The lines invert when a screen refresh happens and it seems to get worse compared to a few hours ago.
Can one tell me if this is a broken glass issue or if the controller is faulty ?

Any self-help options here or do I need to sent it over to Bookeen ?

Thank you
ppxnouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Judging by the corner, I'd say it really looks like broken substrate to me.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixte View Post
Judging by the corner, I'd say it really looks like broken substrate to me.
You're right. And he needs to email Bookeen's support department at support@bookeen.com and ask them for a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA), explaining that his screen is broken. And he needs to know that the repair will run about 125 Euros (and they'll notify him where and how to pay) plus shipping back to him.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote