Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Error moving book details to a new location...

mmmm .... after downloading the latest Calibre - 0.6.7 - I decided to tidy up the window folder structure. Previously all my Calibre files and books were stored in Programs directory - I took the opportunity to move my books into the Windows user area.

In 'preferences' I changed the location of books from C:\Program Files\calibre to C:\Documents and Settings\Geoff\Calibre Library

after moving two top-level folders of books, the routine stopped with the following error .....

ERROR: Failed to move library: Failed to move library

Move library from C:\Program Files\calibre to C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Calibre Library
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "worker.py", line 103, in <module>
File "worker.py", line 90, in main
File "calibre\library\move.pyo", line 21, in move_library
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 1466, in move_library_to
File "shutil.pyo", line 216, in rmtree
File "shutil.pyo", line 225, in rmtree
File "shutil.pyo", line 223, in rmtree
WindowsError: [Error 145] The directory is not empty: u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Geoff\\Calibre Library\\Unknown\\***** ** ******(40)'

any thoughts appreciated....it is not easy to see why the routine copied 2 folders and then stopped ..... >???
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A better way to do this is simply to copy the source folder to the new location using Windows Explorer and then point calibre to the new location. As for that error, the most likely cause is that a file in the problem folder was open in some other program.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 03:14 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
A better way to do this is simply to copy the source folder to the new location using Windows Explorer and then point calibre to the new location. As for that error, the most likely cause is that a file in the problem folder was open in some other program.

Your solution is the one I did eventually adopt.

As for your comment on the error - none that I could see.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote