Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
spoudaios
spoudaios began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Question about fetching the news

Hey guys...

I am a new user of the PRS505 and libprs505... I tried to fetch the news from the Economist and the WSJ last night. The Economist worked fine but not the WSJ. It successfully appeared in the list of books in the PRS505 reader but when i clicked on it, it just went on forever on trying to gain access to it.
Do you think the file is too large perhaps?

Also, is there a way to specifically download only a specific portion of the news itself? For example, on the Economist, i would only want the Column section only.

Thanks a bunch
spoudaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
WSJ is beng refactored. To download only a part of a feed, you have to create a custom profile. For example, just copy the contents of economist.py (look for it in the libprs500 website) into a custom profile (in advanced mode) and comment out the feeds you dont want.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
spoudaios

Hey Kovid,

Wow, you're the programmer. That's cool.

It seems too complicated to me. I am not a programmer so it's all too complex. I can't seem to find The Economist in there though... I notice some people did the programming for all the news like CNN and stuff... but not the Economist.

I can't find the advanced setting as well. Do you mean that i have to register?

It is awesome program and i like my PRS. The only thing that's missing is probably a backlight.

Thanks man
You're a GENIOUS!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/exp...s/economist.py

Advanced mode is in the custom news profile dialog by licking the advanced button.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
spoudaios

Ugh... too complicated for me.

Anyway, if i want to be able to add
http://www.aldaily.com/ into PRS505. How do i do this?
Advert