Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #391
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiborSypher View Post

snip
Thanks for additional info, I did read a colour book a number of months ago, think 3 where given free to Vox owners

perhaps I already have this award, will check later

I know I have 29 out of 31 but cannot remember what the last two are
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #392
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Pretty sure eReading Rainbow can only be achieved on a VOX device, and not through the normal Android app, however it will display in the Android app if you have it, but it will never display in the iOS app.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #393
NiborSypher
NiborSypher began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Pretty sure eReading Rainbow can only be achieved on a VOX device, and not through the normal Android app, however it will display in the Android app if you have it, but it will never display in the iOS app.
Thanks, for clearing it up, updated the list.

Last edited by NiborSypher; 07-09-2012 at 05:33 AM.
NiborSypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #394
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Quote:
Thanks to Auriel I've added the pictures of the "Blinged out" and the "Fangtasia" award.

I didn't get them myself :-( , not yet.

Kobo Reading Live Award List

@Auriel: if you got time to spare I would like to get the text that goes with the awards.
Sorry I'm a sucker for the details and clompleet information as possible ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snip
Sure, sorry! Here's the text:

Fangtasia - Drink up, enjoy a little refreshment, and take in the local scene. You're in Fangtasia!

Blinged Out - Now you're not just highly decorated - you're blinged out! Congratulations on earning 50 awards!
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #395
NiborSypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by auriel View Post
Sure, sorry! Here's the text:

Fangtasia - Drink up, enjoy a little refreshment, and take in the local scene. You're in Fangtasia!

Blinged Out - Now you're not just highly decorated - you're blinged out! Congratulations on earning 50 awards!
auriel, again

And as you probably guessed, list is updated
Advert
Old 07-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #396
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
auriel, again

And as you probably guessed, list is updated
Sounds cool.. I'll have to get around to looking at the list now.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #397
shakiigrrl
shakiigrrl began at the beginning.

maybe someone here will be able to help me...when i got and setup my kobo last monday i had trouble with the firmware and needed to hard reset the device and start over BUT before doing so I noticd that my awards were viewable on the device no problem...now I have been reading with it for the past week, all seems fine but if I click on awards the page comes up emtpy, completly blank....now I downloaded the Kobo app to my Iphone and all my awards are there under my login but even after syncing (wifi and pc connected) I stilll have a white page...
Do I need to reset the device once again and if I do so will this affect anything or is all my info and books save to the pc?
thanks
shakiigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #398
NiborSypher

@shakiigrrl when you use eBooks from Kobo you are safe, to try and reseting your device.

When using "sideloaded" eBooks from a other source you need to have them stored somewhere else, like on your PC from where you (side)loaded them on your reader in the first place.
This is only to be absolutly shure you will not lose them, they sould not be effected by the firmware update, but with a total reset hmmmm.

All other information like awards and the eBook from Kobo are safe "in the cloud" so after the device works again
- just reconnect to internet/PC,
- re-download the eBooks (by sync. library),
- copy (sideload) the eBooks from other sources from PC to the device,
the "Reading Life" data sould update itself when you sync. the device.

Only those awards that you do not have and are calculated by the device will have a reset, like the ones with 5 times reading between time a and time b, these will start counting all over again, but when the award page is blanco you can not be shure that your device is counting anyway.

But I am only a user, maybe wait until "sharkus" or "lessthanyouthink" are back from their weekend and comment on your post, they are the ones with real inside knowlage.

Good luck.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #399
NiborSypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Sounds cool.. I'll have to get around to looking at the list now.
Nobody is forcing you to do so, as far as I am aware

Old 07-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #400
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nobody is forcing you to do so, as far as I am aware

True, but since I started this thread, I might as well take part in it from time to time.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #401
NiborSypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
True, but since I started this thread, I might as well take part in it from time to time.
Oohhhhh it was you, for doing so
Old 07-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #402
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Oohhhhh it was you, for doing so
You can see who started a thread and when by just looking under the thread topic in the forum/subforum level. Sometimes it's on a 3rd line if there are many pages to the thread already.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #403
camtosh
Enthusiast
camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo touch
@NiborSypher: I got the Fanatic award on the iOS app by downloading all the Jane Austen epubs from the Kobo store. It's for 5 books by the same author now.
camtosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #404
NiborSypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by camtosh View Post
@NiborSypher: I got the Fanatic award on the iOS app by downloading all the Jane Austen epubs from the Kobo store. It's for 5 books by the same author now.
Your totally right, I knew this , only after reading my own comment in the list back I understand that it's not clear on this, so thanx camtosh.

Indeed the "Fanatic" award is for reading 5 books from (any) 1 author.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #405
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Fanatic is probably 5 of any author, the Lost In Austen award is keyed to Jane Austen. It would be possible to get Fanatic and Lost In Austen if you happened to download five Jane Austen books, as you're meeting the criteria for both awards.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awards, reading life, touch