Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
dorkmania
dorkmania began at the beginning.

Device: none
I need a kindle 3 cover

Is there anyway I can make my own kindle cover? Because $35 for a kindle cover + shipping to Australia is quite a lot. I've heard of people using dvd covers for their kobo and I was wondering if I could do something similar for the kindle?
dorkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
matokuwapi
matokuwapi can teach chickens to fly.matokuwapi can teach chickens to fly.matokuwapi can teach chickens to fly.matokuwapi can teach chickens to fly.matokuwapi can teach chickens to fly.matokuwapi can teach chickens to fly.matokuwapi can teach chickens to fly.matokuwapi can teach chickens to fly.matokuwapi can teach chickens to fly.matokuwapi can teach chickens to fly.matokuwapi can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle
Here are a few ideas:
http://timothyfish.blogspot.com/2011...dle-cover.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EwY6...eature=related

http://ebookcases.org/10-kindle-case...uild-for-free/
matokuwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkmania View Post
Is there anyway I can make my own kindle cover? Because $35 for a kindle cover + shipping to Australia is quite a lot. I've heard of people using dvd covers for their kobo and I was wondering if I could do something similar for the kindle?
Do you sew or know someone who sews? There are patterns for Kindle covers, if you are interested let me know and I'll send some to you.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkmania View Post
check out this http://www.geckocovers.com/kindle-3-p-39.html shipping free worldwide and you can pay in Australian dollars. I bought a black one after reading here about it. I must admit bottom straps get over buttons more than seen in the picture but I can live with it and it is not that bothering. The inside is nice and it is well made. I too tried to make my own cover before gecko arrived but it was too difficult and the result looking sad.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Fantastic ideas.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
1Bookworm
Enthusiast
1Bookworm doesn't litter1Bookworm doesn't litter

Device: blackberry, laptop, Kindle3
I brought one from ebay. They are around A$6 to $10 each "Buy it Now" or it can be cheaper if you win it during an auction. Free postage and took about 10 days to get to Australia. Just make sure you check Seller Feedback and ensure that its positive feedback is over 99%

Last edited by 1Bookworm; 09-17-2011 at 07:22 PM.
1Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #7
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Yes, what 1Bookworm said. I bought one from Ebay for about $10 and have been very happy with it. Came from Hong Kong, from memory.

Definitely follow the above advice.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #8
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I bought this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/OCTOVO-Noteb...6089273&sr=8-2) for a bargain price (IMO) and use it "upside down" so the cover opens to the top (inside held in place with double sides sticky tape, no problem)...
Best system to hold the Kindle in place (apart from Amazon's maybe), no ugly elastic straps, light and sturdy and well, 12 pounds was really cheap as well (plus got a discount on their reading light I bought which is highly recommendable as well)...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #9
1Bookworm
Enthusiast
1Bookworm doesn't litter1Bookworm doesn't litter

Device: blackberry, laptop, Kindle3
Just brought another one from Ebay (seller in HK) but I'm not feeling confident or getting good vibes that I will get this one as I got it really cheap (less than $5). I paid using Paypal so suggest you do the same so you can get your money back if you don't get the product.

I can send you a PM of the seller's name for the first cover I brought - also from HK - but have brought several things from them and have always received them. This seller has auctions and Buy it Now. Postage is around $2.50.

Last edited by 1Bookworm; 09-17-2011 at 07:16 PM.
1Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote