Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-05-2014, 02:02 AM   #1
bgoldnyxnet
bgoldnyxnet began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Question unnecessary/unwanted page breaks

Please see http://conchord.org/xeno/wbtest.htm

When I convert this to EPUB format, a page break gets inserted after the subtitle "#2 in the Bloodslut Series" even though I haven't requested one.

Does anybody have an idea how to prevent this from happening?

I am using Calibre to convert from HTML to EPUB.
bgoldnyxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:46 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Do not use <h2> and <h3> for visual styling. Those are sectioning elements, they are supposed to be used for titles of some kind of "section". If you want something centered, in bold and larger font, just say so with CSS:

Code:
<div class="centered_bold_and_larger">whatever</div>

div.centered_bold_and_larger {
  text-align: center;
  font-weight: bold;
  font-size: 120%;
}
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 06:45 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You also might want to check in the calibre forum. There's a ton of calibre conversion options that can affect where page-breaks are detected/inserted.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoldnyxnet View Post
Please see http://conchord.org/xeno/wbtest.htm

When I convert this to EPUB format, a page break gets inserted after the subtitle "#2 in the Bloodslut Series" even though I haven't requested one.

Does anybody have an idea how to prevent this from happening?

I am using Calibre to convert from HTML to EPUB.
Use Sigil instead of Calibre; I attach an ePub made with Sigil with your html file. I also corrected some text that was supposed to be centered and it was not, because the "classes" who had formated the text, didn't have in count the "text-indent" property of the selector "<p>" (in classes "sttl", "stars" and "titlepagetext" I added the property "text-indent: 0;"; I also cleared the property "width" in the "body" selector.)

Regards
Rubén
Attached Files
File Type: epub Wild Blood.epub (5.2 KB, 159 views)
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
bgoldnyxnet
bgoldnyxnet began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Thanks. Looks like Sigil also picked up the Author's name from the <h2>, which Calibre failed to do.

Maybe I can embed information about the cover and ISBN so I don't have to input those every time I bring in a new version?
bgoldnyxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #6
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoldnyxnet View Post

...Maybe I can embed information about the cover and ISBN so I don't have to input those every time I bring in a new version?
Read the online Sigil Tutorial to learn about how to use the program:

Sigil Tutorial

Add a Cover Image

Add the Author and Title

Add others metadata (ie. ISBN)

Regards
Rubén

Last edited by RbnJrg; 02-06-2014 at 06:07 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote