Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #61
layel
layel began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewmangroup View Post
Engadget has a hands-on at Cebit. Looks like they want to be sub-$400 and the touch interface looks nice.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/03/v...der/#continued
See the video and looks nice but big noise.

But little reflect because of the angle of video shot.

Last edited by layel; 03-03-2009 at 08:06 PM.
layel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It's more likely due to the fact that the reviewer just picked up the device, and isn't familiar with it yet.
Ah, I thought since it was a prototype it was an internal person doing a demo of it. So, I expected they had used it before many times.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #63
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ah, I thought since it was a prototype it was an internal person doing a demo of it. So, I expected they had used it before many times.

BOb
That could be true.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #64
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

BOb
Quote:
It does seem watching this though that the control isn't very sensitive. It seemed he had to do the gestures a few times every now and then to get a response.

BOb
That's the same impression I had. But, the software was still under development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dki View Post
WOW, it looks like a display can be turned 90 and (assumption) 180 degrees! And supports folder structure in the library The menu and button use seems to be very functional. I think there is a good chance that it can be used while it's charging. As far as can be judged from the video it's pretty fast. Looks like a winner to me. The only thing is either plastic substrate (not yet), or sturdier shell. Or rhinoskin case. Or all of the above.
There most certainly was a folder structure, but honestly, I thought the menu (or should I call it OS?) was a bit ... hmm... untidy might be a good word. There is a thing called: too many options.

But beside that, it looked like a good reader. Though, the nice lady did mention they were going to change the skin a bit.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #65
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
That software development stage reminds me of the first days of the Cybook.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
That software development stage reminds me of the first days of the Cybook.
You mean the Gen3 is actually out of beta? I thought the users are still beta testing the firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Notice that the screen is scratched. This is something that will have to be sorted.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #68
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Notice that the screen is scratched. This is something that will have to be sorted.
Those scratches are on the screen protector. If you look through all the pictures, at some angles you'll see bubbles under the protector. I don't know if the protector is cheap and scratches easily or the stylus is a killer and requires the reader to have a protector.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

But what good is a screen protector that scratches easily?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #70
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
But what good is a screen protector that scratches easily?
Some aren't meant to be written on.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:45 AM   #71
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I noticed something else, there was some burning in. And I find that much more worrisome.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:08 AM   #72
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I noticed something else, there was some burning in. And I find that much more worrisome.
Now you're making me laugh Sweetpea. If you don't like a product just say so but stop knocking it for ridiculous reasons. They all use the same vizplex e-ink screen and this has the same epson controller as the bebook 2 that you obviously love. So if this has burn in, so will your bebook 2
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #73
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

I'm serious. There were some white squares on the screen. And those white squares were exactly where the black squares (icons for the PDF files) where. So, I presume it is a burning in of the screen. If I'm wrong about that, I'll gladly be corrected...
Old 03-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #74
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
It might be ghosting, as there's no "burning" in e-ink screen. That's a matter how the device refreshes the screen.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #75
dki
Connoisseur
dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim X5; RCA 1100; Augen The Book, PRS350x2, Sony T1, Kobo AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
It might be ghosting, as there's no "burning" in e-ink screen. That's a matter how the device refreshes the screen.
This is probably "flashing refresh" being turned off. If I turn it off on the Cybook, it is the same thing - ghosting on the screen.
dki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx