Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
XO (OLPC) from amazon/europe

I recently read, the XO will be available with G1G1 by christmas in europe.

Unfortunally amazon germany doesn't have it all, and Greatbritain says january. However I don't feel so comfortable from buying from a non-euro-currency-zone country, and the delivery costs with 50 pounds is IMHO tremendous.

Anybody have any experience at buying or try to buy the XO?
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm curious to know why you want one? What are you going to do with it? Considering the current price of netbooks, it doesn't seem like such a great deal any more.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #3
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm curious to know why you want one? What are you going to do with it? Considering the current price of netbooks, it doesn't seem like such a great deal any more.
Because its said to be very robust, and that suits me

Also I'm just very curios about the sugar UI. I want to exeprience it myself... a regular netbook might be useful, but there is nothing new or "adventurous" with that...
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
The technology used for the screen is very interesting too. We can probably expect some very interesting device from PixelQi in the near future: http://www.pixelqi.com/
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote