Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #16
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
RobFreundlich - The books I checked with ALL had multiple images, some of the images appear with text above, below or both; some don't have text most likely the image is too large. The books are in epub format.

The books used for checking are part of a "light novel" series translated from Japanese to English so I don't know what the originals looked like. Can't tell from the website as the images are in a separate "folder" containing the images along with what page the image is associated with or it is the page where the image should be. Most of the images I looked at on the website had extended detail of the original image but also stated that it is not necessarily the same as produced for viewing or being the same as on the epub or the pdf.

Have checked on my Fire Hdx 8.9, Galaxy Tab 8.4 & Nexus 7 to see if it made a difference in OS and/or display resolution. After seeing an image along with text and then only 1 or 2 lines on the next page when using Mantano or Aldiko, I'm not sure if I wanted "auto" zoom; the images in the books were mostly of "people" but there were a few that had writing which were in Japanese (can't read so didn't care about zooming to see what it said). As the epub & pdf formatted ebooks were done by volunteers using different methods, it would be difficult to nail down why the long press worked on some images & not on others using the Moon+Reader Pro, especially the images are "all" in different resolutions & massaged differently using PhotoShop from either scanned or camera images.
=======================================
There's a BUG with this forum software as it claimed that I didn't have permission to post the entered reply AFTER I had already signed in & entered the msg! Happened more than once. Could be that I shouldn't have signed on just before going to do the reply in the thread.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #17
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFreundlich View Post
crane3 - thanks for all of the research you're putting into this!

Have you tried in a book that has multiple images? What I'm seeing is that when I have a book (usually in MOBI format) with multiple images (as far as I can tell, any size, any format), if I long-press an image, I am always taken to what I call the "gallery" - an area in which I am shown the first image in the book against a black background, with a series of thumbnails along the bottom. I can navigate through that gallery by swiping or selecting a thumbnail, and for a given image I can zoom using multi-touch as you described.

The gallery always starts me on the first image in the book, not the one I long-pressed on.

This sounds a lot like what you called the "basic" zoom mode, but from your description, it seems like you may have had only one image in the book.

I see this behavior on both my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and my Galaxy Note 2.
I should have asked what format you were using. I use epub almost exclusively and zoom works great with epub. I converted one of my epub comics feeds to mobi and see the same problems you see. I don't know if this is a Moon+ problem or if it is just the way mobi works. I know that mobi doesn't have a lot of formatting options like epub does, so I suspect it's a mobi problem.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:31 AM   #18
RobFreundlich
Connoisseur
RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet with Calibre Companion and Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
RobFreundlich - The books I checked with ALL had multiple images, some of the images appear with text above, below or both; some don't have text most likely the image is too large. The books are in epub format.
I get images inline like that too. It's just when they're too small to see detail and I want to zoom that I run into the trouble I'm describing.

I think, though, that it might be a book format issue (see PurpleLady's post).
RobFreundlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #19
RobFreundlich
Connoisseur
RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet with Calibre Companion and Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I should have asked what format you were using. I use epub almost exclusively and zoom works great with epub. I converted one of my epub comics feeds to mobi and see the same problems you see. I don't know if this is a Moon+ problem or if it is just the way mobi works. I know that mobi doesn't have a lot of formatting options like epub does, so I suspect it's a mobi problem.
I've been going to mobi because other folks in my family are used to the Kindle app on their devices and it won't read epubs. However, I can certainly put the epub version on *my* Kindle, since I'm reading with Moon+!

When I get home tonight, I'll try it out and see if it solves my problem.
RobFreundlich is offline   Reply With Quote