Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-29-2006, 04:43 AM   #1
kusmi
Connoisseur
kusmi began at the beginning.

Waiting for 2.7...

End of September should be the "anticipated" release date for release 2.7, if I count correctly.. mhhh... that should be today ? Except, iRex decides to work on Saturday and plans to release this 2.7-bomb tomorrow...

Let's see, if they stick to the timeline, and will release something today, I'm very eager to see the new features
kusmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:16 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Yepp, Irex has got it's very special understanding of timeline. Hey, it is small spin off of Phillips.
This week release - forget it.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
kusmi
Connoisseur
kusmi began at the beginning.

Think, I have to go to the mediation thread...
kusmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:43 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Yes, it's time to visit it again.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:29 AM   #5
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
you remember their inofficial motto:

they will learn patience.

off to the meditation thread.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
Malder1
Connoisseur
Malder1 began at the beginning.

http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=470

Some good news

Improved battery life on 5-10%
Malder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:55 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malder1

Some good news

I haven't been following the discussion that closely, 5-10% improvement over how long? What's the current charge-life? Last I heard was ~8 hours, is that still about right?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
after 2.7 the only thing i expect to see are bug fixes and a huge increase in battery life.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:05 PM   #9
design256
Connoisseur
design256 doesn't litterdesign256 doesn't litter

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malder1

Some good news

Hmmm. So 5% on 10 hours. That's another 30 minutes! I'm so excited!!!
design256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:20 PM   #10
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
5% - 10% on 8 hours. 10 is what they claim. I've yet to see that here, nor has anyone else in the reports I have seen on this or the iRex forum. So this is a maximum of 48 minutes. And at worst 24.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:22 PM   #11
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66
after 2.7 the only thing i expect to see are bug fixes and a huge increase in battery life.
What about the entire functions that the system doesn't even touch yet?!?!?

MP3 support? OEB support?

How about a txt viewer that is actually usable (linewrapping)

The iLiad has a hell of a long way to go before it does what it was claimed to. If 2.8 implements the final functions on the pdf viewer then fine. We will finally have _1_ fully operational and working viewer.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote