Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #16
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Thanks for the links. So happy to get free Christmas stuff. Gotta love this time of year!

Dean

P.S. I'm with you on all the linking to Facebook/Twitter, tubemonkey. Seems like a lot of websites and TV programs think everyone wants to connect that way.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm not thrilled with this ever increasing push by websites to link their promos to Facebook and Twitter, and forgoing any mention on their own websites.
Facebook is awesome for promos and deals. It's just the way it is now. A way to keep a personal contact with the consumer. I don't even use Facebook the way it was first intended. I have my interests lists with all the author, publishers and store pages so I can keep up with the deals. It works well. It's like a big RSS feed but better.

Twitter is similar but I prefer Facebook which gives me more control and more words.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
FYI, Google also offers a free holiday song every day. Today's is "The Merriest" by June Christy.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Squeeee! Today finally after forever Amazon has released their Cloud Player app for Roku and Samsung boxes! So I can finally listen to all these good Holiday tunes on my TV. I am ecstatic!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Squeeee! Today finally after forever Amazon has released their Cloud Player app for Roku and Samsung boxes! So I can finally listen to all these good Holiday tunes on my TV. I am ecstatic!
A TV for streaming audio???
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #21
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Thanks for posting, I went and picked up some Xmas tunes!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #22
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
fantastic! They still hate my Samsung tv, I suspect (no streaming video on it either, even though the years before and after are ok, my year is apparently shunned.

I'd been considering buying a (cheap, used) notebook computer just to hook to the stereo, but this will eliminate needing that.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
never mind
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #24
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
I'm not thrilled with this ever increasing push by websites to link their promos to Facebook and Twitter, and forgoing any mention on their own websites.
I don't do Facebook or Twitter
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
never mind
Did you get the Roku during BF? I can't remember. After installing the Cloud Player app I uploaded about 45 Xmas Albums in an hour thanks to Amazon Match feature and was playing my tunes all during the night.

I love it! This is how an app should be done. Screen Savers shows what is playing and it's very user friendly. I was able to play by Genre something that can't be done on the Android app yet. It even has a shuffle feature.

Steaming music from my TV is awesome! I've been using Slacker Radio which I bought a Subscription for but it's so nice to be able to play what I want to hear for a change.

I was worried when it came out because the Amazon Instant Video app is register to hubby's account. I had no trouble registering the Amazon Cloud Player app to mine which has all our music. This is a wonderful Christmas present!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #26
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
fantastic! They still hate my Samsung tv, I suspect (no streaming video on it either, even though the years before and after are ok, my year is apparently shunned.

I'd been considering buying a (cheap, used) notebook computer just to hook to the stereo, but this will eliminate needing that.
You just need a Roku to fix that. You can then get Streaming Video and now the Cloud Player Music. It also has apps like NetFlix, Hulu Plus, Slacker Radio, Pandora, Dropbox, (Yes Dropbox!) and many more apps being added everyday.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #27
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
You just need a Roku to fix that. You can then get Streaming Video and now the Cloud Player Music. It also has apps like NetFlix, Hulu Plus, Slacker Radio, Pandora, Dropbox, (Yes Dropbox!) and many more apps being added everyday.
LOL! I have two. I just only use it for video and not often, as our dsl line is slow after some storms earlier in the year. the phone co may or may not fix that, someday. But, I'd like to be able to easily stream music to it (the roku is easy to unplug and carry to other places, then just plug into ethernet and hdmi).

I just wish there was an easier way to re-register the video to an alternate account, since I often have rentals to watch on more than one acct.

All our music is in one acct, though -- we use gifting to dump them all to one place, so we can listen to what we want.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #28
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
FYI, Google also offers a free holiday song every day. Today's is "The Merriest" by June Christy.
google mp3 is unavailable in my country. darn it! isn't there a way i can get around this?? @_@
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #29
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I don't do Facebook or Twitter
frankly, i'm getting tired of both. i just use FB mostly for school group thingies now (back then it was yahoo groups). twitter mostly for promos and stuff.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #30
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
For a second I got very excited about this, because I just got a Roku on the BF deals, but then I remembered that my ipod classic with all my music (including Amazon mp3s) is plugged into the stereo next to the TV, so it doesn't make a difference to me. It's fun to have Pandora on the Roku, but when I tried out their canned Holiday channels, I discovered that I like my own collection of holiday music better. I just choose the genre "Holiday" on my ipod and set it to shuffle and I have a fantastic holiday channel!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote