Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Risen (chiller) available, free shorts

I've uploaded Risen, my supernatural thriller, to Smashwords. It's priced at $4.95. Risen was previously published by Pinnacle Books (under the pen name J. Knight) and it has been out of print for six years. I have the rights back, now, so here it is!

Here is the link to Risen, the novel.

I've also uploaded the five Risen short stories that I wrote to promote the novel. They are included in the novel, but they are also available separately for free:

The Risen Short Stories link

Thanks for giving me space to pimp my book!
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Chillers: The Risen Short Stories are FREE

Five stories of unholy resurrection...The Risen Short Stories...are now available for free download on Smashwords.

Link in my sig!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thanks, Jan. I bought Risen a few minutes ago, so I'll go back to Smashwords and download this book. too.

Should I read Risen or Chillers first?

Last edited by cbell; 06-25-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Oh, I thought Chillers was the book's title. It isn't!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:35 AM   #4
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Thanks for the offer, will check it out.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Anything with the rising dead will always get my attention.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Just slipped 'Risen' into my Sony (courtesy of Jan -- thanks, pal, here's karma to ya) and really looking forward to the read. At a glance, it's beautifully laid out and well covered. Not got into the words yet ... that's for later. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
J. Strnad
Guru

CBell, I would leap into the novel first. The short stories are all there, at the end, as a kind of dessert, so you don't need to download both.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Downloaded & read the shorts, on the strength of which went back & bought the book.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #9
J. Strnad
Guru

Thanks, all!

If you buy the Smashwords version of Risen, send me a message with your email address and I'll send you an ePub file with a table of contents that works with ADE and Kobo, maybe elsewhere.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:38 AM   #10
roger the rabbit
Addict

Just finished *Risen*, after enjoying the free short stories.

An excellent, interesting and entertaining read, a creepy story reminiscent of Stephen King's early days, solid 4 stars from me.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:59 AM   #11
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I'll second Roger. A superb piece of writing and story telling -- much, much more than I expected from a book I'd wrongly guessed might be just another horror tale. Highly recommended. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chiller, horror, living dead, supernatural, undead