Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #16
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Version 1.1.7 works like a charm! Sweet!

OK, feature request time.....

Have you used the eBookwise Librarian (aka GEB Librarian) before?

It allows for, amongst other things, category editing where a standard list is maintained and added to as the user changes categories. It is simple in its implementation but quite powerful in its use. There could be a drop-down box in the Book Properties tab beside the Category to accomplish same.

Also, Imp Librarian has some nice library database manipulations, like CSV Dump for all it's .imp ebook library. Perhaps, ConvertIMP can "read" in a user directory (but not parse it just yet), then have the user select one of the library entires and then "go to town" on it. This two-tier/level approach will allow some Global editing/renaming to be facilitated as well as allowing your core program functions to be retained for a single .imp ebook. Food for thought....

Anyone else using this program have anything to add... please, I don't want to make this a one-trick (user) show...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #17
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Michael:

Have you seen this post featuring a lot of early LRF tools/code?

They even have some lrf to html/xml programs similar (in spirit) to your imp to html program.

Worth a look-see...
Old 01-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #18
mscott161
Enthusiast
mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise, sony
Nick,

I have not seen that post. I will look into it. I have posted a new version 1.2 for you to see.

--Michael
mscott161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #19
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Nick/Michael: have either of you figured out enough of the .IMP format so that you can write an image-only IMP [no text at all] so that I can incorporate it into pdfread? That way there'd be no dependency on eBook Publisher....
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #20
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
Nick/Michael: have either of you figured out enough of the .IMP format so that you can write an image-only IMP [no text at all] so that I can incorporate it into pdfread? That way there'd be no dependency on eBook Publisher....
Yeah, still trying to get there...

A minimal list of .RES filetypes that are used (when using solely images as ebook pages) and what they do is presented below:
Code:
Filetype:     (DATA.FRK text with control codes for images)
Filetype:!!sw (Standard coding can be obtained from sample .imp build)
Filetype:AncT (optional - if want to be able to link to images from TOC)
Filetype:AnTg (optional - if want to be able to link to images from TOC)
Filetype:BGcl (default = FFFFFF [white])
Filetype:BPgZ (actual ebook screen - the HARD one!!!!)
Filetype:BPgz (actual ebook screen - the HARD one!!!!)
Filetype:Devm (default = 01)
Filetype:ESts (use default x-sbp-widow-push and x-sbp-orphan-pull)
Filetype:ImRn (list of images stored with particulars and assigned Image ID)
Filetype:Mrgn (default, not used)
Filetype:PcZ0 (holds actual picture sizes to display on ebook screen)
Filetype:Pcz0 (holds actual picture sizes to display on ebook screen)
Filetype:pInf (compute last page number/image resources count info)
Filetype:GIF  (repack list of images)
Filetype:JPEG (repack list of images)
Filetype:PNG  (repack list of images)
Filetype:PPic (summary of number of images and borders used)
Filetype:StRn (optional - if want styles for headings and such)
Filetype:Styl (optional - if want styles for headings and such)
The above remaining filetypes to reverse-engineer are few, if any. The creation/combination of the pieces into a .IMP without using the eBook Publisher /dll's should be trival afterwards.

Close but just not there yet...

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-04-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #21
mscott161
Enthusiast
mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mscott161 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I have posted a bug fix to the version 1.2 If the book list loads from the XML file and you click on the General tab after selecting a book it throws an error.

-Michael
Old 01-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #22
mscott161
Enthusiast

Some things found while looking at the tabl, trow, and tcel res files:
the tables match pretty good. I think there are 3 values for the table border 0, 1, and 2. Also the TRow is actually the TD tag in HTML and TCel is the definition for TR, but I find the offset and length confusing because the numbers are not even close. You will also notice in the Index for TRow and TCell the second Index is 1 byte larger than the others.

-- Michael
Old 01-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #23
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott161 View Post
but I find the offset and length confusing because the numbers are not even close. You will also notice in the Index for TRow and TCell the second Index is 1 byte larger than the others.

-- Michael
Off the top of my head, try printing the offset and length in hexadecimal and see if it is a LE vs BE issue ie. 0x1000 is 16 in LE and 4096 in BE.

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-05-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #24
mscott161
Enthusiast

Nick,

I liked your suggestions and added a IMP Type Column and allowed the including of sub directories.

I did look at the LE and BE both. I know the IMP format says there sould be a ID for the TRow and the TCel that match its parent but I have been unable to locate them besides in the indexes.

-Michael

-- Michael
Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #25
mscott161
Enthusiast

I have place a bug fix for the REB1200 IMP File Format. It is in v.1.2.3 see post #1

The Tabl, TRow, and TCel content and indexes match up nicely in that format, but not for EBW1150. I will post a new version when I can match both.

-- Michael
Old 01-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #26
nrapallo

Quote:
I have place a bug fix for the REB1200 IMP File Format. It is in v.1.2.3 see post #1

The Tabl, TRow, and TCel content and indexes match up nicely in that format, but not for EBW1150. I will post a new version when I can match both.

-- Michael
Then for sure the problem is "LE vs BE" as the .IMP "specs" were written for the REB1200 format and need to be re-interpreted with the EBW1150's slghtly longer index size as well as its reversed byte representation (BE).

Thanks for adding the REB1200 support! Much appreciated!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:17 AM   #27
mscott161
Enthusiast

Nick,

I have published v.1.2.4 for you. It has the Tabl, TRow, TCel for the REB1200 displayed in the tree. I am still working on the 1150.

-- Michael
Old 01-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #28
mscott161
Enthusiast

Nick,

I have noticed in the TCel and TRow sections that there is more than one record per index. The index length is greater than a single record. I will post a new version tonight. In the tree view I added the Groups for both the individual records under their parents. Also for debug information. I have a Text Display of the Tree Expanded out on the Content Tab. I have not had any luck with the EBW 1150 for these two sections. I have tried BE and LE but the bytes do not match the format of REB1200 at all.

-- Michael
Old 01-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #29
nrapallo

Quote:
Nick,

I have noticed in the TCel and TRow sections that there is more than one record per index. The index length is greater than a single record. I will post a new version tonight. In the tree view I added the Groups for both the individual records under their parents. Also for debug information. I have a Text Display of the Tree Expanded out on the Content Tab. I have not had any luck with the EBW 1150 for these two sections. I have tried BE and LE but the bytes do not match the format of REB1200 at all.

-- Michael
Which source .imp file are you using as your "guide"? ResTestDocument.imp?

If so, I'll check that to see what I can come up with. It helps to look at both the .imp and _1200.imp versions at the same time when reverse-engineering this stuff.

But be careful with that one!!! The EBW1150 version is one I recently created using eBook Publisher v2.2 and the REB1200 version was the one the original poster had created using SBPublisher 1.5 (it's actually a Softbook 200/250e imp type 0).

You may want to try another ebook set like 16 Web Safe Colors for this table testing.

EDIT: I've added EBW1150 & REB1200 versions of RebTestDoc.imp created by eBook Publisher, so that you can continue to test with it (use it as your guide)!
Attached Files
File Type: imp REBtestdoc.imp (220.3 KB, 922 views)
File Type: imp REBtestdoc_1200.imp (375.1 KB, 881 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-07-2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: added EBW1150 & REB1200 versions of RebTestDoc created by eBook Publisher
Old 01-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #30
mscott161
Enthusiast

Nick,

Thanks for the files I will check them out. I have been using the Space.imp file for testing because it is small. I wonder if the EBW1500 uses a XOR to get the number. It almost seems compressed. I will be trying a few things.

I have a new version that take the Text content and creates an LRF file now. And a process that iterates through the library list and creates lrf files for each. I am currently running it on all 1600 books.

I would like to thank the creators and developers involved in the BBeBLib (Chris Mumford) for the source code to get this part working.

--Michael

PS - I plan to upload the new version later today or tomorrow.