Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Free/Bargain Science Fiction/Fantasy in October 2013

A thread for October.

We point out free and bargain SF/Fantasy titles to each other. Please don't post any self-published books, and please do a search before posting to avoid duplicates.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
There you are !

I was just about to leave a post on the September thread wondering if you were going to carry on with an October one before you got gazumped by someone else and you just closed it.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, October just sort of sneaked up on me unexpectedly.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Yes, October just sort of sneaked up on me unexpectedly.
It's October?!? Since when?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch is £0.99 at all good UK ebook retailers (I'm told, I only checked Amazon), which is a great price for an excellent book. (With a sequel due out soon. I wonder if there could possibly be a connection? )

Also The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie, which I think was mentioned in the September thread. Another excellent book, but better if you've read the four earlier books set in the same world (the First Law trilogy and Best Served Cold, sadly not on offer).
Old 10-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch is £0.99 at all good UK ebook retailers (I'm told, I only checked Amazon), which is a great price for an excellent book. (With a sequel due out soon. I wonder if there could possibly be a connection? )
I greatly enjoyed this book, and I've recently bought the sequel. £0.99 is a great price. Sadly not couponable at Kobo.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:03 AM   #7
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The Ocean at the End of the Line by Neil Gaiman: 2.28€ at Amazon and 2.72€ at Kobo (cuponable). Valid in Spain (at least)
Old 10-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
The Ocean at the End of the Line by Neil Gaiman: 2.28€ at Amazon and 2.72€ at Kobo (cuponable). Valid in Spain (at least)
This is a promotion by the US publisher, HaperCollins. Not available in the UK, and I'm getting travel-sick.

[Later: But I couldn't resist a quick trip to France.]

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-03-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #9
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
This is great. I had it on my wish list and was waiting for a good coupon code to buy it.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Hold no breath ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch is £0.99 at all good UK ebook retailers (I'm told, I only checked Amazon), which is a great price for an excellent book. (With a sequel due out soon. I wonder if there could possibly be a connection? )...............
Don't hold your breath for the long awaited new episode - it is promised, but many times and for quite a while- and possibly by his publishers, dare I say ..... But there's more confidence about this time, I believe.
Sadly, Scott has not had the best of times, thus his (excellent) output has been stuttery to say the least, but I'm sure all his fans hope the corner has been turned.
There are a few of the "Gentleman Bastard" series to proceed with, a quick Google will show all .... Enjoy.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Don't hold your breath for the long awaited new episode - it is promised, but many times and for quite a while- and possibly by his publishers, dare I say ..... But there's more confidence about this time, I believe....

There are a few of the "Gentleman Bastard" series to proceed with, a quick Google will show all .... Enjoy.
Only two to date: The Lies of Locke Lamora and Red Seas Under Red Skies.

HOWEVER, the 3rd book, The Republic of Thieves, is being published next week. Since review copies have gone out and reviews have been appearing online, I think it's fairly certain that it will, indeed, be released as scheduled.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post
Only two to date: The Lies of Locke Lamora and Red Seas Under Red Skies.

HOWEVER, the 3rd book, The Republic of Thieves, is being published next week. Since review copies have gone out and reviews have been appearing online, I think it's fairly certain that it will, indeed, be released as scheduled.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Republic-o...dp/B004J4WLIM/
Old 10-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #13
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Five Harper Voyager ebooks $1.99/ea.

From their website:

Quote:
Five great Harper Voyager ebooks on sale!

We’re kicking off the month of October with some great ebook deals for our Harper Voyager titles! If you haven’t had a chance to read these authors, now is the perfect time to dive in — all titles are just $1.99!

DREAMS AND SHADOWS by C. Robert Cargill. A fabulous fairy tale/horror mash-up and brilliantly crafted modern tale from acclaimed film critic and screenwriter C. Robert Cargill — part Neil Gaiman, part Guillermo Del Toro, part William S. Burroughs — that charts the lives of two boys from their star-crossed childhood in the realm of magic and mystery to their anguished adulthoods.

DRAGON KEEPER, Volume One of the Rain Wilds Chronicles, by Robin Hobb. In this enthralling novel, Hobb returns to the territory of her beloved Liveship Traders and Tawny Man trilogies with a story of dragons and humans, return and rebirth, and the search for meaning, belonging, and home.

SECONDS by David Ely. Antiochus Wilson is completely and utterly bored with his life, until he receives the call that changes everything. When the voice on the other end of the line promises him excitement, wealth, and happiness, he is more than a little intrigued.

THE SAVAGE BOY by Nick Cole. Amid the remains of a world destroyed by a devastating armageddon, barbaric tribes rule the New American Dark Age. A boy and his horse must complete the final mission of the last United States soldier, and what unfolds is an epic journey across an America gone savage. Get this ebook just in time for the paperback of THE WASTELAND SAGA, out on Oct. 15.

A KINGDOM BESIEGED Book One of the Chaoswar Saga, by Raymond E. Feist. Midkemia’s fifth and final Riftwar — the devastating Chaoswar — explodes in the opening volume of Feist’s spectacular epic fantasy trilogy of magic, conflict, and world-shattering peril.

All ebooks available from: Amazon | iTunes | Books-A-Million | Kobo | Barnes & Noble | Google

U.S. promotion only. Most sales end 10/14.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #14
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Knight Moves, by Walter Jon Williams, $.99 at most retailers:

http://www.walterjonwilliams.net/2013/10/99-cent-sale/
Old 10-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #15
odo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Knight Moves, by Walter Jon Williams, $.99 at most retailers:

http://www.walterjonwilliams.net/2013/10/99-cent-sale/
Oh, and couponable at Kobo.
Closed Thread