Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-02-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Font integration problem

In the Editor mode, I imported a new font (via "File->New file), in this case a font named "FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf"). It properly was located in the "Fonts" directory.
Then, I added a "page_style.css" with (amongst others) this content:
Code:
@font-face {
    font-family: "FoglihtenNo07";
    src: url(OEBPS/Fonts/FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf)
    }
In the stylesheet, I assigned the font to certain headings and p classes, like this one:
Code:
.author {
  display: block;
  font-family: "FoglihtenNo07";
  font-size: 2em;
  line-height: 1.34;
  text-align: center;
  text-indent: 0;
  margin: 0;
}
In the live preview, all appeared fine, especially the headings etc. were written in this font style (that I had previously added to the Calibre font directory).

But when I executed the book check, I received this error: "The linked ressource 'OEBPS/Fonts/FoglihtenNo07_0841' does not exist [OEBPS/Styles/page_style.css]".

I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong; the funny thing is that I edited to volumes of the same book at the same time with the same styles etc. Concerning the first volume, the above mentioned error messages had occured when I edited it yesterday. When I repeated the check today, it was all clear. But when I treated the second volume in the same manner, the error message was there again.

Well, I could wait until tomorrow and try it again, but it would be fine to know what I did erroneous already today

Someone could help me, please?

Well, two volumes, of course, and the style sheets were correctly linked to the HTML files. And there is also the message that the font file is not referenced.

Last edited by Leonatus; 12-02-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I usually see the file name as:
Code:
 src:url(../Fonts/FoglihtenNo07_0841.otf)
and NO SPACE after url
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know this possibility with the two dots, and have tried it, but without avail.

In the stylesheet, there is no space after url (it only seems to have one here above).
Old 12-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I know this possibility with the two dots, and have tried it, but without avail.

In the stylesheet, there is no space after url (it only seems to have one here above).
I just tried adding a font to a book that had not included it. Same issue...

Then I ran Sigil-Flightcrew

The fonts OPF entry media-type was flagged
Old 12-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
Leonatus
Wizard

I did all new now in Sigil, considering again the two-dot-option, and all works fine; even checking the book in Calibre shows no more error. Whatever it may have been - thank you for your help!
Old 12-19-2014, 04:45 AM   #6
Leonatus
Wizard

It really seems to be a bug:
I can do whatever I like in Edit Book to include a custom font - there is always an error message ("Font not referenced in the book ...", see above). The font does indeed show up in Calibre's Book Viewer, but not on the device after sending it there.
If I open the book in Sigil, I need to change anything in the Stylesheet (remove a whitespace, copy the name of the font once more into the Stylesheet...), and then it works. Any check does not show an error. The font is also shown on the device afterwards.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
It really seems to be a bug:
I can do whatever I like in Edit Book to include a custom font - there is always an error message ("Font not referenced in the book ...", see above). The font does indeed show up in Calibre's Book Viewer, but not on the device after sending it there.
If I open the book in Sigil, I need to change anything in the Stylesheet (remove a whitespace, copy the name of the font once more into the Stylesheet...), and then it works. Any check does not show an error. The font is also shown on the device afterwards.
Calibre Editor does not automatically put stuff in folders like Sigil does.
Adding a font does not always make the path usage '../Fonts/fontname.fonttype'

I keep screwing something up, because I have seen the actual path end up as:'../../Fonts/fontname.fonttype' (and it will end up showing the message you see)
If you 'hover' over the fontfile name in the list, you will see its full path.

then you can make adjustments
Old 01-02-2015, 05:50 AM   #8
Leonatus
Wizard

Thank you! I'll try this next time.

Edit: I have already hovered over the font name in the font list, but it doesn't show the path, but only the name of the font. Did you mean something different?

Last edited by Leonatus; 01-02-2015 at 05:58 AM.