Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
eriffoe
eriffoe began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M90 (†), Kindle 4 (†); Onyx Boox M96.
Unhappy Bricked K4 won't go into USB downloader mode

I've been trying to unbrick my Kindle 4 using Kubrick. It seemed to work after a few tries. Got through the whole process and it booted apparently fine after that, but it froze again almost immediately. This happened a few times, until it just froze for good at the booting screen (about a third of the progress bar under the tree).

No it won't go into USB downloader mode by pressing the power button and the down key in the five-way pad, as it did before. So now I can't get beyond this screen in Kubrick: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...0&d=1362219293

It's not the battery, because it has a brand new one which worked in the previous unbricking processes using Kubrick, and I charge it from the wall for many hours as is recommended before every attempt.

Thanks to anyone who may help!
eriffoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 4, kubrick, unbrick, usb downloader mode