Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 07:15 AM   #16
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Great stuff, thanks to you and all the others who are sharing their work here.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #17
GodzillaNL
GodzillaNL doesn't litterGodzillaNL doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000S
New version

I have added for the enthusiasts among us also the option to export to PDF format instead of the XPS format for better portability.

File is attached in first post.
GodzillaNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #18
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
This is an awesome program, GodzillaNL! Works a treat on/with my DR800SG.

Now I am able to add my signature to a Word document I am working on - way easier than "writing" with a mouse in Paint. Way cool!

Now, I am off to figure out different ways to use this (and there are a LOT!).

Marilyn

P.S. And the PDF export ability is frosting on the cake...thanks.
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #19
GodzillaNL

Can someone post a note file created on the DR800SG so I can check that the positioning of the note is in the correct location on the PDF or XPS page?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #20
Mr. X
Connoisseur
Mr. X is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex DR800SG
Attached is a note from my 800SG. I haven't had any luck converting this on my mac using Mono after grabbing the necessary XPS .dll's though..

Once you're at a 1.0 release any plans to share the source?
Attached Files
File Type: zip test.note.zip (6.9 KB, 486 views)
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2010, 03:19 AM   #21
GodzillaNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Attached is a note from my 800SG. I haven't had any luck converting this on my mac using Mono after grabbing the necessary XPS .dll's though..

Once you're at a 1.0 release any plans to share the source?
Thanks for the note! I will have a look and see if there is any difference with notes from the smaller 800SG after converting. Maybe the zoom level has to be changed to fit the note nicely on the paper.

Do you get an error message when you run it with Mono. Maybe I can change something so it will run with lower requirements?

Yes I think I will release the source code when the program is stable, but I am working on some additional features first.

Currently I am working on a feature to add the scribbles made on the iRex on PDF files to PDF files, so you can save the PDF with the scribbles on top of it as PDF. And maybe a feature to change the note pages itself. Moving pages in the note deleting pages etc. And of course the option to select the paper size and type . Everything is now A4 paper.

Above features are all the features I currently miss in the new firmware. Are there any additional requests?

Last edited by GodzillaNL; 04-18-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #22
GodzillaNL

Quote:
Attached is a note from my 800SG...
I have tested your note and found that sizes of the note are different. This will be fixed in the next version. Also the second page gives me an error message about corrupted data? Does your note have multiple pages?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #23
Mr. X
Connoisseur

The second page has nothing on it, so that's probably what's throwing the error...

With Mono it starts up fine and I can select the .note file, but if I click Generate (either pdf or xps output) I get the output below. I can't find a System.Windows.UncommonField.dll on my windows partition to copy over so I'm stuck until I get some more time...

For reference I needed System.Printing.dll, PresentationCore.dll, PresentationFramework.dll, and ReachFramework.dll before it would even launch.

Code:
** (iRex Note.exe:54132): WARNING **: The class System.Windows.UncommonField`1 could not be loaded, used in WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

** (iRex Note.exe:54132): WARNING **: The class System.Windows.ISealable could not be loaded, used in WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

** (iRex Note.exe:54132): WARNING **: The class MS.Internal.ContentType could not be loaded, used in WindowsBase, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.
  at Irex_Note.frmMain.tbBtnGenerate_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent (System.EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem:FireEvent (System.EventArgs,System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mea) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Sun Apr 18 10:27:39 dougal.local mono[54132] <Error>: kCGErrorCannotComplete: CGSDeviceGetGeometry: Invalid device window
Sun Apr 18 10:27:39 dougal.local mono[54132] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
Sun Apr 18 10:27:39 dougal.local mono[54132] <Error>: kCGErrorCannotComplete: CGSDeviceSynchronize: Invalid device window
Sun Apr 18 10:27:39 dougal.local mono[54132] <Error>: kCGErrorCannotComplete: CGSDeviceSynchronize: Invalid device window
Sun Apr 18 10:27:39 dougal.local mono[54132] <Error>: kCGErrorCannotComplete: CGSDeviceGetGeometry: Invalid device window

SDeviceGetGeometry: Invalid device window

Last edited by Mr. X; 04-18-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: right list of dll's
Old 04-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #24
GodzillaNL

For correct working the following dll are required:

PresentationCore.dll
PresentationFramework.dll
ReachFramework.dll
System.dll (should be included in mono)
System.Core.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Data.SQLite (included in RAR package)
System.Drawing (should be included in mono)
System.Printing
System.Windows.Forms (should be included in mono)
System.Xml (should be included in mono)
System.Xml.Linq (should be included in mono)
WindowsBase.dll (should be included in mono)
PDFSharp.dll (included in RAR package)

I don't have a system to test the working on this moment on non Windows based systems. I hope you can find out if this works. When it does it will also run on linux based systems.

The best option I think is to use PDF because this does not require a lot of DLLs for XPS generation.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 AM   #25
Chris_Irex
Chris_Irex began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR1000S, IREX DR800S
Looks really good.

We've found out during quick testing that this tool has some issue's when / merging.

The converting notes into *.Pdf worked just fine on our system.

When converting scribbled notes into new *.Pdf's it gave some error's, as there seem to be some compability issue.

First was our general Manual who is on the reader, we've added a few scribbles on it, after merging/ converting, page 1/9 appeared, the software created a new page one in the form of a 1px page, and there was a page 11 also in the form of a 1px page.

As mentioned, at first glance it looks really good, if it's possible for you to take a more in depth look at the compability coverage, this tool might become the bomb.
Chris_Irex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:56 AM   #26
mhel
mhel began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzillaNL View Post
I don't know, I haven't tested this, maybe it is the same. Renaming the metadata.db to *.note will maybe work.
I tested this with a PDF document I made some scribbles in. I copied the metadata.db to metadata.db.note and ran it through your program. It produced a PDF file consisting of several pages, containing the scribbles.
Note that the scribbles came from several PDF documents residing in the same directory.
<edit>
which is in line with https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79986 : the metadata.db file contains the scribbles of all the documents in the directory.
</edit>

Last edited by mhel; 04-19-2010 at 07:05 AM.
mhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #27
GodzillaNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Irex View Post
Looks really good.

We've found out during quick testing that this tool has some issue's when / merging.

The converting notes into *.Pdf worked just fine on our system.

When converting scribbled notes into new *.Pdf's it gave some error's, as there seem to be some compability issue.

First was our general Manual who is on the reader, we've added a few scribbles on it, after merging/ converting, page 1/9 appeared, the software created a new page one in the form of a 1px page, and there was a page 11 also in the form of a 1px page.

As mentioned, at first glance it looks really good, if it's possible for you to take a more in depth look at the compability coverage, this tool might become the bomb.
I looks like the current version has some problems with PDF files created with Adobe Writer with a version higher than 6, can you see if it all works with older version PDFs?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #28
GodzillaNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhel View Post
I tested this with a PDF document I made some scribbles in. I copied the metadata.db to metadata.db.note and ran it through your program. It produced a PDF file consisting of several pages, containing the scribbles.
Note that the scribbles came from several PDF documents residing in the same directory.
<edit>
which is in line with https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79986 : the metadata.db file contains the scribbles of all the documents in the directory.
</edit>
So even scribbles without the PDF document can be exported . Nice I have never tested this, is this something you like to have or?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:57 AM   #29
Mr. X
Connoisseur

I also saw the 1px page problem on a pdf I had generated using XeLaTeX, so it's not just Adobe-produced ones. Are you assuming the pdf is A4 or us-letter? The pdf I tried was formatted for the DR800 screen size which I assumed was the problem.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #30
GodzillaNL

Quote:
I also saw the 1px page problem on a pdf I had generated using XeLaTeX, so it's not just Adobe-produced ones. Are you assuming the pdf is A4 or us-letter? The pdf I tried was formatted for the DR800 screen size which I assumed was the problem.
I have converted some pdfs from pdf version 7+ to version 5 or 6 and then the problem is solved. I will have a look to see if there i a better pdf tool somewhere.