Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #16
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Here's your dear fourth rum, er, where was I?
Oh, right, you've been locked up, door was bolted, key thrown away as you wished. Enjoy your stay and remember not to pick up soap in the showers.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #17
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What is a "laddy" anyway? You must mean lady or laddie?

I just can't figure it out... so I have never paid on the way out.

BOb
We have your bank account number. Probably explains why you only have $0.47 in there right now...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #18
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi MasterCom7 and welcome to MobileRead. You'll get lots of friendly advice from fellow junkies, er, members here
Hey--does that make me a pusher? Don't tell my Mom!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
We have your bank account number. Probably explains why you only have $0.47 in there right now...
Are you looking at Swiss account number 420e95u2457024598 ??? That has €947,546.47 in it.

I'll never give you that account's number!!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #20
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Hey--does that make me a pusher? Don't tell my Mom!

Hello, Mrs. Jordan? I was playing on the sidewalk today and saw Stevie being bad. He was writing things down and passing it around for the other boys in his grade to read. Is he grounded now? OK, 'bye. (dial tone)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #21
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Are you looking at Swiss account number 420e95u2457024598 ??? That has €947,546.47 in it.

BOb
Yah, okay. How does that make you feel? (taptaptaptaptaptaptaptap) Oh, this? Just the new Electronic Medical Record. Taking process notes. keeping up do date with the Century of the Fruitbat...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:

BOb

You cute little penguin, you. Did I ever tell you how attractive you are in that Swiss bank account number? Er um, beg yur pardon. I meant tuxedo.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
You cute little penguin, you. Did I ever tell you how attractive you are in that Swiss bank account number? Er um, beg yur pardon. I meant tuxedo.
Well... um... perhaps your eyes are acting up again? I look the same as I always did.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #24
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCom7 View Post
My dear forumers,

I may be a newborn in here but there is one thing that I clearly understood:

Most of you are in deep suffering and I have a proposition to release you from that:

For everyone of you that has more than one e-reading device just give it away to a person completely unknown to you. Share your passion and make the first step to cure yourselves !

(Oh my god. I am really addicted. I WANT to be that uknown person. I want a lot of e-readers. And e-books. MORE .MORE. MORE)

(I am so ashamed. Please someone call the guards to lock me in.
Take me in. Lock the door. Throw the key)
Welcome to Mobileread.

Two months ago, I was like you, except I knew I wanted an ebook reader, I just didn't know which one. Stumbled in here, found recommendations and references to a model I'd never even heard of before, (my beloved Astak EZ Reader) and promptly bought it. Now I'm so thoroughly addicted to rebuilding my library with ebooks that I want a SECOND ebook reader (a used Kindle1) to be able to access Amazon's selection. There is no one perfect reader. That's why so many of us have multiples.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #25
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
You nasty hijackers, how long did it take you exactly to make this about yourselves? We have to make a good impression, he's new here. But then, we got him hooked already, uh, all right, you can do whatever you want, it's not like he's going anywhere
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #26
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
welcome! hope you are comfy and have lots of time, hope you're single and have no needy relatives bc from now on you'll be on 2 hours of sleep. All your time will be spent on looking for your perfect wife... err i mean ereader, then after the wedding your time will be spent on researching more books, formatting, troubleshooting and of course reading.

your doomed now.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #27
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Although I have mastered the art of frappe in my youth, the last 5 years I am totally converted to espresso.
As for the moussaka I'll probably have it for lunch tomorrow. I'll save u a bite...
Welcome to the MR and the eAddiction.

Now nothing breats a freash cup of coffee.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #28
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
For everyone of you that has more than one e-reading device just give it away to a person completely unknown to you. Share your passion and make the first step to cure yourselves !
Well, I've sort of done that.

My co-worker has had my Cybook for the last two months. She brought it back yesterday - but said she only wanted to swap it for my (also mostly unused) eBookwise. She's been reading off my eBookwise for the last year before I offered her the chance to experience eInk.

I think she liked the eInk, just not the Cybook. She's not allowed anywhere near my Sony, though! Well, okay, at least, not unless I've upgraded to one of Robert B's promised eInk readers that will read eReader format natively.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #29
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!

And, umm, the forum can be as addicting as ebooks...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #30
MasterCom7
MasterCom7 began at the beginning.

Device: Waiting for big screen reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
MasterCom7 is offline   Reply With Quote