Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-25-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Star Wars Holiday Special

This was a made for tv special produced in 1978 (after the first Star Wars movie, but before the second). You can read more on Wikipedia.

I only heard about it a couple years ago, today I was bored enough to see if any of it was on Youtube. I'm watching it right now, and I keep wondering what drugs were involved in making this.

Here is the beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCNGjKnTzaQ

If you can stomach that, here are more clips:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...tegory=0&page=
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:08 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Never had heard of this before, Chewbacca's family thing is bizarre

Last edited by Ervserver; 12-25-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Ugh! That movie is known as the absolute worst Star Wars franchised film ever. I remember seeing it as a kid and thought it was ok (I was probably only 10 or 11, but I watched parts of it again a few years back & wished I hadn't.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
Aurora W
Addict
Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, iPad, Nexus 7
Ah yes, the Star Wars Holiday Special. Ugh doesn't even begin to cover it.

Actually saw it the one and only time it was on broadcast TV. Rewatched parts of it on youtube last year to see if my memory of it was correct. It was. (there are some really interesting toy commercials in with the youtube bits, though...)

The only good part of the special (that I recall) is a short animated piece in there, and that it was the first time (I believe) that Boba Fett made any sort of an appearance.
Aurora W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I have a DVD that a friend bought for me at a convention. It truly is terrible. No wonder Lucas tried to bury it.
The 70s commercials are interesting. (Anyone remember the "Look for the union label" jingle?)
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert