Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Buying from ebookmall.com

Hello All,

I want to buy a book from ebookmall.com, but for some reason I'm feeling a bit nervous. When I press the check-out button it sends me directly to a paypal login screen. It never asks me for a member ID, which I don't have. The book I want to buy is a secure (probably, although it's far from clear) mobipocket, so I need to register my reader on the site before I download the book. How am I going to do that if I don't have an account there?

Has anybody bought books from this store? I haven't seen much mention of them before.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Hello All,

I want to buy a book from ebookmall.com, but for some reason I'm feeling a bit nervous. When I press the check-out button it sends me directly to a paypal login screen. It never asks me for a member ID, which I don't have. The book I want to buy is a secure (probably, although it's far from clear) mobipocket, so I need to register my reader on the site before I download the book. How am I going to do that if I don't have an account there?

Has anybody bought books from this store? I haven't seen much mention of them before.
I've bought from them in 2004. No problems back then.
Just go for it. You always can cancel any PayPal order, if something goes wrong.
The book may not even be DRMed. Or maybe you have to enter your Mobipocket PID on the invoice page.

Last edited by mgmueller; 05-07-2010 at 04:43 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I've bought from them in 2004. No problems back then.
Just go for it. You always can cancel any PayPal order, if something goes wrong.
The book may not even be DRMed. Or maybe you have to enter your Mobipocket PID on the invoice page.
Thank you! Well, I guess if they've been around since 2004, at least there's a good chance they won't just run away with my money You're right, I'll just try it.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Well, I did manage to buy the book, and they sent me a user ID and password (in a plain text e-mail ) and I was able to register my PID and download the book. But I can't stay logged on, every time I try to do anything I need to re-enter my password.

The first thing I tried to do was change that darn password, but when I finally find the link (there is no link to manage your account, you have to click on the link in the e-mail and then follow a mysterious link trail until you somehow find a link called "change my password"), I get a pop-up asking me for my old and new password, but not for my user ID, and when I enter them it can't handle it because it forgot my user ID again.

And now I have a dozen tabs open for this site, because every time click on a link it tries to open a new window

Well I shouldn't complain, because the book I bought for $9.95 is available on other sites for $14.95. In fact the book even has two versions on ebookmall, the mobi at 9.95 and the epub at 14.95
Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #5
lanzones
lanzones began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have to wonder if the book reviews on EBookMall are fake. I recently saw an ad soliciting book reviewers (see this ad below). The ad read that book reviewers are to review 50-100 books per day. They are instructed to give 3 to 5 stars for a review. One or two stars (poor or fair) is not allowed.

The reviewer is given a list of sites to "research" the book. The reviewer quickly scans information ABOUT the book. The reviewer is never asked to actually READ the book. The reviewer works 8 hours per days. If you do the math, this would mean that an enitre review is researched and written in less than 9 minutes.

The ad for reviewers appeared on the website www.peopleperho.com. This is how it reads:

"We are looking for multiple freelancers interested in writing short book reviews for us on a weekly basis. Reviews should between 80-150 words and you need to post them on our website at the corresponding bookpage, including clicking a 3-5 start ranking for the book.

We will provide excel sheet with links to bookpages, you just have to research the book and write a short review.
We need approx. 50-100 reviews per day per person which should take you approx. 8 hours per day."
lanzones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert