Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
diddy
Connoisseur
diddy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
All my highlights are corrupted (Bugs in Reader App?)

Hi,
I bought the PRS-T1 before going on my 3 weeks holidays in December. I had a PRS-650 before and used the Reader Library app on my iMac. When I got the PRS-T1 I installed the new Reader app. This one, in the first version, did not import the already existing highlights, notes etc. Some days later an update for this app was released which automatically imported the highlights, notes etc from the old Reader Library software.
I used the new Reader software around 20 times. When I went on holidays, I continued reading an old ebook which had already some highlights. When I wanted to add new highlights, I got an error message saying that there is not enough space left and that I had to delete some highlights. I thought that this was very strange ... I was at page 98 out of 1002 and had made good use of highlights, but not extreme use. I thought we were in 2011 and not 1991, so what that error message? (Note: I could add highlights to other books)
Then I tried to delete one highlight and I saw that for some reason each highlight was replicated about 16 or so times. And this was the same for all my old ebooks.
Note: I did not use any third party software. I have no idea how this could have happened. I do remember when I last used the Reader Mac app the sync was hanging for more than one hour. Also, strangely enough, one book was marked as expired (and I have not even borred it - I have bought it).
So, why did I buy the Sony ereader in the first place? Because of the highlight feature. Now, it seems like this new app has rendered all the highlights I have ever made in all my ebooks useless.

Did anyone else experience the same problem? Is there a way to deduplicate the highlights?

Thanks,
Diddy
diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
dmiller
Enthusiast
dmiller began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hey diddy,

I posted about the same problem on this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163210. Frustrating!
dmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
diddy
Connoisseur
diddy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Yes, very frustrating. If they don't fix this, I'll be
considering buying a Kindle.
diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:35 AM   #4
jshoughton
Enthusiast
jshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony Reader Wifi (PRS-T1) & Nook Simple Touch
Hi this sounds like the bookmark sync issue in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167039 which is fixed in the latest update (currently only available via the autoupdate in the reader app itself) Myself and another forum member have tried it and can confirm the issue appears resolved. Note: the sony reader records bookmarks as notes with no text (at least as far as I can tell)
jshoughton is offline   Reply With Quote