Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
ynot
ynot began at the beginning.

Device: nook 3g+wifi
Older nook or a new one?

Is there any significant difference between the older nooks (ser. #1001xxxxxxxx) and the new ones that are on the shelves in stores now?

In other words is one better than the other?

Thanks.
ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
The older ones are easier to root.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 02:09 AM   #3
sjkevin
Connoisseur
sjkevin is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
I could be wrong, but I think that the oldest ones have page turn buttons that crack more easily.

The only other change I know of is the internal storage (the change that made rooting difficult), and that was just to make them cheaper to manufacture; it doesn't benefit the user any, as far as I know.
sjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
The earlier ones did have cracking problems on their buttons. I had to return 2 nooks because of button cracking. The last one (a newer one) has held up really well.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote