Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #106
billaking
billaking began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Hi I purchase my tablet 3 weeks ago and its hard to put down. I love it. Now I'm trying to connect it to my calibre software. Anyone else had success yet?
billaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #107
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by billaking View Post
Hi I purchase my tablet 3 weeks ago and its hard to put down. I love it. Now I'm trying to connect it to my calibre software. Anyone else had success yet?
Congrats!

Just enable or start the web server on Calibre and put the URL on the browser (GT). It will show your collection and give you the links for the download option.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #108
fyrogenesis
Undead
fyrogenesis began at the beginning.

Device: Omnia, Kindle 3, Dell Streak, Asus TF101, iPad 2 3g 64gb, Note
Hi jocampo,

does SGT reader software supports offline dictionary lookup (like kindle)? bc i remember it did when i tested it in the store last year, back when it was still expensive , but now not sure it was offline or online at that time.

i bought Kindle 3 mostly bc of the lookup dictionary and annotation function, but find it a little slow for my comfort. i considered an iPad but it is too big, while iPod Touch's too small. 7" SGT screen size seems right.

please advise. thanks

*i also cannot figure why Kindle app doesn't appear in my androidphone market (mybe bc i am from malaysia? )
fyrogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #109
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Hi fyrogenesis,

Interesting nick, btw ... lol ...

Kindle on Android manages the Dictionary online way. You touch the word and at least on GT, asks for checking that online. It is quite different on iPad, I believe dictionary is locally on the iPad (I can be wrong) but the iPad did not trigger any external link or something . Even though that Kindle for Android is a good app. I prefer its B&N counterpart, at least for Android.

I think that the Kindle Android needs a little bit of work but just because you have the ability to sync with your other Kindle devices is also a big plus.

I can see and download my Kindle app on my GT. I have no issues on that part. Not sure if market is restricted by countries.

Last edited by jocampo; 03-11-2011 at 04:33 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote