Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #1
Kevan
Kevan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Unhappy Waterstones UK - Card Points on eBooks

Dear All,

Anyone else seen the tiny new notice on Waterstones.com. W.e.f. the 29th October no card points when buying ebooks.

Another company idea to discourage ebook sales. I'm becoming more and more discouraged by the way media companies respond to everything digital.

They can all see the way record companies closed their eyes and ears and yet there are so many new opportunities to sell eg back catalogues etc.

I'm going to email Waterstones to complain - can I ask you to do the same.

However I do not hold out much hope

Regards,

Kevan
Kevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is almost certainly the result of agency pricing, which does not permit any form of discounting by the retailer. Don't blame Waterstones for it - it's not their fault.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ebook business, waterstones