Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Have you tried to log into mobileread.mobi?

Apparently, we Kindle owners are not able to log into

www.mobileread.mobi.

The site loads easily, you can go to "log in" and yes, the boxes to sign in are there, the cursor is in the little boxes and blinking....however, they will not accept any characters. If you are really lucky and get the arrow to hit just the right place, you can enter your 'user name' but not your password.

Now....logging into www.mobileread.com is a snap. No problems there.

After speaking with a Kindle rep and having him try the same thing on his device, he informed me that apparently the .mobi is not on Amazons approved 'connection' list. He did not seem at all concerned about it and wasn't able to say if things would improve in the future.

So..it appears its up to us. If every Kindle owning member would send an email to

kindle-feedback@amazon.com

asking that this issue be resolved, we might, just maybe, get some results.

Please be sure to specify that its a .mobi issue, not .com

Thoughts?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
It isn't restricted to .mobi sites. People are complaining about this in the 3.0.2 thread. They did something in the 3.0.1 or 3.0.2 update which means that text boxes like for password entry are broken on certain sites. The exact trigger for the issue is something to do with the page layout as viewing alternative versions of a site may work whilst the main site doesn't even though they're all on the same domain.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
It isn't restricted to .mobi sites. People are complaining about this in the 3.0.2 thread. They did something in the 3.0.1 or 3.0.2 update which means that text boxes like for password entry are broken on certain sites. The exact trigger for the issue is something to do with the page layout as viewing alternative versions of a site may work whilst the main site doesn't even though they're all on the same domain.
Ah.......so its still an issue that needs to be fixed.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Yup. It is a tad annoying. From what I remember, 3.0 didn't have the issue because I've logged into sites that currently don't work.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

And we have an answer........of sorts. This is in response to just one email.....if many emails went out, I wonder what the answer would be?

I clicked "no" and sent another asking if they plan to support .mobi by kindle internet in the future.

Hello,

Kindle's new web browser is based on WebKit to provide a better web browsing experience. Now it's easier than ever to find the information you're looking for right from your Kindle. Experimental web browsing is free to use over 3G or Wi-Fi.

There are no browsing restrictions when using Wi-Fi, even internationally.

Your Kindle Web Browser supports JavaScript, SSL and cookies, but does not support media plug-ins (Flash, Shockwave, etc.) or Java applets. Most Amazon.com web pages can be viewed on your Kindle.

You are not able to log into the website www.mobileread.mobi because it must not be supported by Kindle internet.

Thanks for your interest in Kindle.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey...K79JJA7GT&k=hy

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey...K79JJA7GT&k=hn

Best regards,

Arif M
Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
http://www.amazon.com/your-account
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
So, how did you respond to the Amazon "Did I solve your problem?" request?

;-)
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
Tiersten
Guru

The browser is still listed as an experimental feature but the inability to use certain text boxes is just stupid so I'd expect this to be fixed soon anyway.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
So, how did you respond to the Amazon "Did I solve your problem?" request?

;-)
Wish I had saved the message, but basically I quoted the part in red, said I understood that, , but wanted to know when this issue would be resolved.

Still waiting to hear back.

Now all you K owners out there get on the stick, and lets force Amazon, thru our strength in numbers to fix this.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

So.......who has emailed???

Or is this a feature that isn't important?

Not being facetious, just trying to get a feeling here.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #10
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
O.K. I did it. Anything for you!

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I emailed too. It is something that I'd like resolved because it doesn't just affect mobileread.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
Tiersten
Guru

I've bugged Amazon about it as well. I got a standard reply back about have I tried resetting it? I've said No to was this helpful and just waiting for another response.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #13
andrew121
andrew121 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G+WiFi
I had a similar problem logging into the NY Times mobile site. The boxes wouldn't accept any characters. I assumed a bug in the browser.
andrew121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew121 View Post
I had a similar problem logging into the NY Times mobile site. The boxes wouldn't accept any characters. I assumed a bug in the browser.
And hopefully you used the kindlefeedback link to let them know?

Nothing will happen until enough people complain.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #15
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
So.......who has emailed???

Or is this a feature that isn't important?

Not being facetious, just trying to get a feeling here.
To me it is not important at all... when I need to browse the web i just use my iPhone but I will email them anyhow
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote