Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 04:06 AM   #1
patrikpatrik
patrikpatrik began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Boox M92 impossible to reset

I have a M92 that has crashed during useing the calculatior. The problem is that i can not reset it and get it to work. I have pressed the little button an the back side, but it refuse to reboot and star. Do any one know how to rebot, I hope I do not need to open the unit an remove the batteries!
patrikpatrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #2
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Have you switched on device with the on/off button after the reboot?
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
patrikpatrik
patrikpatrik began at the beginning.

After charging the unit for an hour it was possible to re-start it.
patrikpatrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Could be the battery died.

With my M90, when it crashes I always have to plug it in to get it to reset (plug it in, then push the reset button, then push the power button).
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Are you sure you pressed the reset button correctly? I mean in the old Boox 60 model, that button requires some force to be pressed and makes a feelable and audible click. Before I descovered that I was also wondeing, did I press it or not?
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:05 AM   #6
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Creative solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post

With my M90, when it crashes I always have to plug it in to get it to reset (plug it in, then push the reset button, then push the power button).

You had to be pretty creative to get to that solution ...
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
ragasol
ragasol began at the beginning.

Device: onyxboox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post

I think you are right...

https://www.onyx-boox.com/support/1-...x-boox-m-reset

"Make sure to attach your device to a charger"

RAFA
ragasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
You had to be pretty creative to get to that solution ...
"Desperate" would be a better descriptor.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote