Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I bought my first kindle book, however it isn't showing up...

I decided to buy a Bible on the Kindle and after paying for it, it is not showing up on my kindle. I thought I needed to pull it from the archived items but it's grayed out as if it's already in the kindle. When I go to to the kindle app on my computer it pulls up with not problems at all. I did a hard reset but it's still not showing up... Any advice?
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Have you tried bringing up the menu & selecting Sync & Check for Items?
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Yeah didn't do anything...
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I would try going to amazon on the Internet, click onto the Kindle store, click on Manage your Kindle ( top right of page) then scroll down and redownload the item to your Kindle from there. You will then need to turn your wireless on on your Kindle and wait for it to download - the Bible is quite big so it may take a few minutes.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I use the Kindle app on my iPad, and the device itself has to synch each purchase when I open the app. Just wondering if yours is set to some sort of manual update? Sorry I don't know more about the Kindle device, but the experts will be on here to help you soon.

Edit: Oops! The experts arrived while I was typing!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
WiFi connectivity

Do you see 5 solid bars at the top of the screen? If they are faded, you have not yet connected to a WiFi hot spot and have no access to 3G.

Most WiFi networks are locked. You must look up the unlock code and key it in.

If you do not have Whispernet connectivity, download the book to your PC and use the USB cable to transfer it to the K3.

By the way, Amazon's help crew is way overloaded. I had a problem and emailed them. They emailed back I should call. Calling was useless since all the new K3 owners are swamping them.

In the end I solved the problem myself.

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-01-2010 at 09:43 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
nimblem
Addict

ahh I have DX, and I am connected to 3G. I did try to manually send it with no luck...
Old 09-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #8
Corran006
Connoisseur
Corran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the roughCorran006 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 3
its a sign God must be angry . Thou has forsaken me!

hehe just kidding. try using the cable to send it to your device.
Corran006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Stupid question but it is correctly linked to your account? Have you tried sending it to the Kindle via the Manage my Kindle page at Amazon?
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:47 AM   #10
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
This happened to me when I bought My bible too.. it somehow made me wait one whole day for it.

Just check if it has cleared from your bank account. Sometimes it might be because its not cleared with the bank yet. Also, when you go to your kindle page on amazon.com do you see it as the round orange pending button or the green check?
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote