Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
357mag
Connoisseur
357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter

Device: iPad and Galaxy S5
Serving Calibre From IIS

What would I need to do to be able to serve Calibre from IIS instead of using the built in Calibre Web server? Can it be done?
357mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/server.html
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
357mag
Connoisseur
357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter

Device: iPad and Galaxy S5
Thanks for the reply but none of what I read makes any sense to me. I have never really used Apache. I have worked a lot with Linux but never Apache. I don't see how what is described there can apply to IIS. Help.

I am sorry for my ignorance.
357mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to figure out how to setup a reverse proxy with IIS. Never having used IIS, I can't help you with that.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If you can't deal with setting up a reverse proxy in IIS, you can try using the alternate PHP content server described in this thread. However, if you don't have PHP running in your IIS installation, then getting the alternate server running could easily be more complicated than setting up the reverse proxy.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert