Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 07-24-2007, 04:58 PM   #31
melksnor
Goodest E-Reader
melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 500 / Kindle 5th / Kindle PW4
I had an error, here is the log file, what am i doing wrong?

Input File Name : C:\DOCUME~1\melksnor\LOCALS~1\Temp\comiclrf\maus_1 .lrs
Output File Name : C:\Documents and Settings\melksnor\Desktop\comiclrf\maus_1.lrf
Validation check start.
Validatoin check finished.
Validate book information file.
Complete validation check.
[Error ] Can not find thumbnail image file.
[Error ] Can not create LRF Header
Invalid file.
Error termination
Delete file :: C:\Documents and Settings\melksnor\Desktop\comiclrf\maus_1.lrf
melksnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:48 AM   #32
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Did you run this in the comiclrf directory?
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2007, 09:53 AM   #33
melksnor
Goodest E-Reader
melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 500 / Kindle 5th / Kindle PW4
Yeah, in command prompt, i do cd C:\Documents and Settings\melksnor\Desktop\Sony\comiclrf
first and then i type

comiclrf.pl "C:\Documents and Settings\melksnor\Desktop\Sony\comiclrf\maus_1.cbz "

it starts coding and then it outputs this:

Converting Comic "maus_1"...
Extracting...
Converting LRS to LRF...
XYP version: 1.0
End.
Processing Complete
LRF written to "C:\Documents and Settings\melksnor\Desktop\Sony\comiclrf\maus_1.
lrf"

but the file is never there, the whole proces happens quite fast btw, like it is done within two minutes
melksnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #34
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Try putting comiclrf.pl into a directory with no spaces, i.e. c:\utils\comiclrf\
Old 07-27-2007, 01:12 AM   #35
xikky
xikky began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader
I keep getting an error:

Converting Comic "XXXXXXX"...
Extracting...
The system cannot find the path specified.
Convert failed! at C:\comiclrf\comiclrf.pl line 124.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2, ImageMagick-6.3.5-3-Q16 (installed in c:\imagemagick), ActivePerl 5.8.8 (installed in c:\Perl) and comiclrf (installed in c:\comiclrf) trying to convert a file named 326-350.cbr.

Any troubleshooting tips?
xikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #36
seveng
seveng began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Palm Pre
Problems?

Anyone run in to an issue with the script only processing the first and last X pages and skipping the rest? I tore apart the CBRs and it turns out the covers and inner art were .jpg, and the meat of the comic was .gif. It looks like comiclrf doesn't know how to handle it. Unfortunately I don't know enough perl to try and fix it myself. Anyone else run in to this issue? Also, how does the output quality of this compare to manga2ebook, run through rasterfarian? I'd prefer a one step script like this, but quality matters quite a bit.
seveng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #37
FangornUK
Addict

seveng, comiclrf doesn't currently support gif images. It looks to be very easy to add though, I'll have a look.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:50 AM   #38
FangornUK
Addict

Updated: Added support for GIF images. Better sorting of images, now uses original archive ordering instead of alphabetical. Cleanup temporary directory before processing images. Download latest from link on first page.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:17 PM   #39
Seant018
Enthusiast
Seant018 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I am getting the same problem as the user above

Extracting...

Is there something we are doing wrong here?
Seant018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:14 AM   #40
FangornUK
Addict

What is the full command line you used?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:47 AM   #41
Seant018
Enthusiast
Seant018 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
first I change directories into the comiclrf folder. Then I use the command line comiclrf.pl c:\comiclrf\test.cbr

Test.cbr is the name of the comic, c:\comiclrf is the directory where the comiclrf files are.
Seant018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #42
banjopicker
banjopicker began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thrilled with comiclrf, though I find that I have issues when using wildcards that are solved by copying the comiclrf files into the directory of the cbr/cbzs that I am converting.

Any clues why resizing for landscape mode doesn't work properly? It would be nice to get the resolution right so that we could read some comics in landscape mode--my eyes ain't what they used to.

Thanks again for creating this. It was exactly what I was looking for.
banjopicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:51 AM   #43
visionarycat
visionarycat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xikky View Post
I keep getting an error:

Extracting...

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2, ImageMagick-6.3.5-3-Q16 (installed in c:\imagemagick), ActivePerl 5.8.8 (installed in c:\Perl) and comiclrf (installed in c:\comiclrf) trying to convert a file named 326-350.cbr.

Any troubleshooting tips?
ComicLRF is configured for ImageMagick-6.3.4-8-Q16 and since you're running ImageMagick-6.3.5-3-Q16, ComicLRF can't find ImageMagick and can't convert any images. I had the same problem but it's easily fixed.
1) In windows explorer, open the comiclrf folder
2) Right-click comiclrf.pl and choose "Edit" to open comiclrf.pl in Notepad
3) In the "User Configurable Area" you'll see: my $convertprog="C:\\Program Files\\ImageMagick-6.3.4-8-Q16.
4) change "my $convertprog="C:\\Program Files\\ImageMagick-6.3.4-8-Q16" to "my $convertprog="C:\\Program Files\\ImageMagick-6.3.5-Q16"(or wherever you have imagemagick installed. ex. "C:\\imagemagick")
5) save changes in notepad.
6)????
7)PROFIT!
(sorry, I couldn't resist not doing that last part )
Hope this is helps.

Last edited by visionarycat; 08-03-2007 at 01:55 AM.
visionarycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #44
FangornUK
Addict

Updated: Now searches for the ImageMagick convert program, no need to edit the "convertprog" variable now.

Recommend you upgrade to the latest ImageMagick program, v6.3.5, as it has support for multi-cpu processors, doesn't appear to speed up the resizing much though.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:19 AM   #45
FangornUK
Addict

banjopicker, I haven't figured out how LRF handles landscape resolutions, I'm not sure it is actually possible as it seems to ignore setting the resolution to anything other than Portrait sizes.